Matera

maybe sounds obvious for the local people…but sometimes…something shuld eb said about the obvious staff. are eni and shell involved in funding? they have big investment in basilicata and as they are both clients for me. i know they have a lot of intersted in supporting “culture”

Go for it!

[Simonedb]: no, we have no contact with either ENI or Shell. We (as in: Matera 2019) tried to entertain a relationship with SEL (Società Energetica Lucana), which should supposedly reinvest oil extraction royalties in the local territory, but SEL is not reactive at all. So, do feel free to approach ENI and Shell. I am not sure it is appropriate for them to fund the unMonastery directly, but we do have two interesting energy related project, the Open source solar tracker and the Open energy monitor. Let me know if you need anything from me.

how to approach

as far as i seel SEL is a region owned company.

on the other side Eni adn Shell have a join venture activity in valdagri (basilicata - potenza province)

as far as i know they try to maintain good relationship with the area investing money in education, streets adn so on. furthermore in eni’s mission “culture development” is one of the 5 pillars.

So there might be an opportunity, given some contraints.

I wuld suggest moving in this way. i ll try to understand who is involved in this kind of local support /sponsorships (i dont deal with middle managment and i should be not too intrusive). on the other side check if matera has asked them in any way. Considering Matera effort on culture, not specificly for unmonastery. i will be very surprised if they haven’t tried. for sure the reference is within the corprote side of eni /external relation/sustaibnability/communication/ (kind of 80 people in potential) something like that…in the HQ…not in the production/local offices.

I would then suggest that the local institutition make the proposal…being this more formal and relevant for them. i ll try to get the contact and undesratnd contest

pls check out the lcoal situation with some local well informed person

simon

I’m on it :slight_smile:

[Simonedb], I am heading to Matera just now. Tomorrow I will ask them (them == Comitato Matera 2019) if they have any relationship with Shell/ENI. I know already they do have a relationship with SEL, but they think SEL is not a reliable partner. I will also ask them who is their contact in these companies, in case they do have a relationship with them.

good. let me know

eventually give me a call if you need to go to details fast or discuss anything

ciao

No direct contact

All clear, they have no direct contact. :slight_smile:

so what is next

so alberto which is the reason they havent done? you feel they are able to deal with this people in order to make fundraising if they know who is the proper person ton talk to?

eni is sensible to institutitions…eni si also a structured comporation so after firts contact and informal expalnation a document woth a proposal should follow fast…and appelaing…

No bandwidth

I think they are just badly organised and overwhelmed. Rossella told me they “could” have relationships with these companies, but had never gotten around to engage them directly.

Honestly, I don’t think they can deal with this. But we have a memorandum of understanding with them, and could in principle represent the MT2019-Edgeryders partnership.

ok. lets try

this in my view the check list and action

potential sponsor: eni

their interests. develop /sustain culture (they sponsor big number of events from thater to art in tialy and abroad), innovation, strong involvement on institutions (politics), media coverage - they dont act to keep it secret. its communication

so the first contact should be done by the local authorities (sending proposal, calling the person within the HQ - pls verufy political situation in matera and basilicata. the person who speaks is part of the message). a pèroposal should be handle and then some “tecnical people” can enter the flow for details, explaintions, changes

the proposal, i guess its aleady written. should stress achiements done (kind of …we are deliverying results not just talking. showing big numbers - people, media etc, quality of aprtecipants) and show how big and intersting the next steps are. are there other partners, possibile to involve other associations/and international level visibility?

contents…well i gues the project is already full of intersting things ;-9

when everything is going to happen and how long it lasts? how much money is the request about?

seelling is difficult really a lot.

i can try to identify the right person. where can i read the proposal or the best document better if short) to understand broadly what is all about. so to be mroe precise?

by the way…the same document can be handle to telecom too…if implies a lot of digital innvaotion…they also have a foundation…and many pr activities

and…matera

i guess you are all very busy with UNDP developments…but pls lets try not to forget this

Problematic

Sorry for the delay, Simone.

I see a problem here. If we are to go through Comitato Matera 2019 things will be slow, and the relaying of the message will be spotty. They are overwhelmed, and I would much rather not give them any additional task right now. They have not even gotten around to signing our contract.

So, we are on our own. What I can do is the following:

1. write to MT2019 director, Paolo, to let him know we are making a move in this direction.
  2. get you in touch with Piero (also on Edgeryders), whom I work with in Wikitalia and in the MT2019 saga; he is now on the Basilicata Digital Agenda Task Force. He can provide some political background. 

But then it has to be you making the cold call. Or else let this thing stand for at least a month.

ok

it’s not a cold call…but an introduction i can make to the right eprson…having a clear perception of the project. eventually i would evaluate if it is ok i handle it in. but first or later it’s strongly recommndable that they can discuss with sombody within the instituition setting. to have a stronger endorsement on the territory. the media info asked are useful to strenghten the request

let me have the material to be use to use the proper words.and talk with the people you are pointing out.

anycase eni is big stuff in italy and abroad so one or two hrs on this for them, …well is well used.

lets go ahead

ciao alberto.

two further things here.

1. I met yesterday in rome whcih i forgot he is responsible for google activities and sponsorships about culture…would that company be fine if interested in matera’s project ?

1. after finishing the document for telecom i would try to go also to unicredit and intesa banks, maybe also cariplo fundation. (if you have not cover it yet. in these cases if fabrizio barca has some points of reference can be helpful). I ll ask them both things: a) spot the future -telecom stily and b) matera cultural project

but pls link me here to be sure the best document to read about it to be able (also for eni) to make some aware talks).

1. piero on Er does not have email

2. news from verro?

ciao

simone

Trying to decode your message :slight_smile:

@Simonedb not sure I understand you here… I’ll give it a try.

1. Google is fine. There are several projects they might like in the unMonastery (http://matera.unmonastery.org/it/projects), on top of the event we discussed with Fabrizio.
  2. We are not talking to banks right now, so you have full autonomy. Best to leave Fabrizio out of this. He has not replied so far, so he is either busy or not interested. The document that describes what Edgeryders would like to do next is this. It is an event – and a very cool one – so it might work. 
  3. To contact Piero ("piersoft"), go onto his Edgeryders profile page and click on the "Contact" tab. We are not supposed to give our users' emails to anyone, but if you do this Edgeryders sends him a private email even if you don't see his address. The email shows up as being written from you, not  form Edgeryders, so he can hit "reply" and at this point you are in normal email conversation. 
  4. As I said, Paolo Verri is not going to help at all here. We claim the authority to talk to funders based on the memorandum of understanding (a formal partnership) between Matera 2019 and Edgeryders. What sort of news are you looking for?

everything very good

1. Google is fine. There are several projects they might like in the unMonastery (http://matera.unmonastery.org/it/projects), -> i ll use this list to check out with the googl friend's interest (you sure the matera 2019 ..is not in the ist. i guess they could e inteersting in something that becomes big and visibile..
  2. We are not talking to banks right now, so you have full autonomy. Best to leave Fabrizio out of this. He has not replied so far, so he is either busy or not interested. The document that describes what Edgeryders would like to do next is this. It is an event – and a very cool one – so it might work. 
  3. To contact Piero ("piersoft"), -> this function is not active in its profile
  4. As I said, Paolo Verri is not going to help at all here. We claim the authority to talk to funders based on the memorandum of understanding (a formal partnership) between Matera 2019 and Edgeryders. What sort of news are you looking for? -> just to be sure. which is the best document to read for me and eventually to take parts to share for a preliminary talk with them (the one here below?) i guess it should something that already says not obnly what matera is aiming at doing but wjhat a sponsor can do 

- See more at: /t/spot-the-future-team/357/matera?page=0#sthash.CgntMpMS.dpuf