The future entrepreneurs of Medenine: can we continue together in 2018?

Thank you Alberto, and I wish we had with us :slight_smile: Now I ma sure things are going to change in here, as I am not the only one working on it, we have some good people in Medenine who are already taking different actions … I missed the call of Matera sadly!

2 Likes

What an inspiring review! It’s hard to capture these things in words, so it speaks highly of the event :slight_smile: Bummed that I had to miss it.

I’d be more than excited to pass on all we have learned to you @Dorsaf ! You are welcome to come over and spend time with us. Several of us have been in your position and are now making it work for us professionally, a blessing we’d love to share. Same for others who are into social entrepreneurship: we’ve learned a thing or two.

This energy makes Medenine sound appealing for travel already. I’m still looking for a holiday destination later this month. What can one expect? :smiley: if you help me get around, I don’t mind writing some blogs/wikis about my experience. @Yosser @matthias

4 Likes

Hello Winnie :smiley: you re welcome here anytime you wish! I will be here for the next few months before I go to Morroco, so I can be your local guide in here :slight_smile: ( also @matthias can be your guide now, he already knows a lot about Medenine :smiley: )

1 Like

You’ll be more than welcome @winnieponcelet :blush:

1 Like

We had a lot of great discussions with @matthias before leaving and one of them was the project he mentioned, we welcomed the idea and we will try hard to make it happen.

Oh, I like that! When you take action around that idea (let’s call it “Medenine Digital” for now), you may let me know. I will free up some time to contribute where I can, even though it will still be not a lot. But for sure you and team deserve that :slight_smile:

1 Like

lighting a dark path by tiny tools

Great phrase.

And the picture at the top of the topic is just beautiful.

Noemi, Alberto said it all. Your best.

1 Like

Salut @noemi
je suis très heureux d’avoir des amis qui m’encouragent et me supportent. En fait, je travaille maintenant sur un projet de camping en pleine nature avec Thouraya , Ameni et Saleh (les membres de groupe mentalité), nous allons restaurer une ancienne maison berbère qui se situe à Benikhdech, délégation de Medenine et la transformer en une sorte de résidence moderne et écologique. Cette maison d’hôte aura la capacité de presque 60 personnes.
Notre projet a pour objectif d’encourager les femmes et même les jeunes couples de se libérer de toutes contraintes idéologiques et d’essayer de vivre en pleine nature et travailler sur leur projet.
S’éloigner du stress de la ville, s’occuper sur son bien-être au sein de la nature et acceuillir des amis qui acceptent la différence et qui sont totalement tolérants.
j’espère que ma proposition attire l’attention de la communauté d’Edgeryders et que tout le monde puisse m’aider de la Tunisie ou d’ailleurs, toujours soyez les bienvenus chez Hobbiton.tn (c’est le nom de mon projet), Merci pour le Brain storming @anique.yael !!!

3 Likes

@johncoate, thank you for supporting us :blush: , and of course, you’re welcome in our new residency that will take place here in Medenine before Mars 2018

Mais vous êtes déterminés! Avez-vous déjà la maison, ou est-ce que l’un d’entre vous la possède? J’ai été stupéfait de sortir de Medenine à quel point les villages peuvent être isolés, alors je pense que le fait d’avoir un espace de réflexion que vous pouvez utiliser temporairement, si ce n’est de façon permanente, va bien servir.

Bonjour @noemi
Absolument,je veux lancer notre projet que je suis le propriétaire de l’espace et je veux le partager avec vous les Edgeryders si c’est possible. La maison n’est pas assez loin de la route principale ( 1 km de la route principale et de la première agglomération d’habitats ).
Cet espace possède un concept spécial, c’est presque comme le style hobbiton mais à la Tunisien. En faite, c’est pour les gens qui cherche la paix interne et la joie et si vous serez mon partenaire, je serais très réconnaissant. Bienvenues !!

1 Like

Cool! :slight_smile: Will send you a message @Yosser @Nidhal

1 Like

@Nejib_Ammar_5 cela est très généreux. S’appelle-t-il “Hobbiton” parce qu’il s’agit de maison troglodytes? In 2010 j’ai visité Matmata (plutôt Star Wars que Le Seigneur des anneaux, mais bien…).

1 Like

Oui, il s’agit de la même style, et que nous allons l’équiper avec des trucs tunisiens inspirés de tout ce qui est traditionnel et qu’il convient aussi avec notre vie moderne. Je cherche maintenant de caractériser mes clientèles et de faire la promotion de mon projet avec les edgeryders !!

1 Like

Hey Noemi ^^
Thank you so much for your kind words! it was a great pleasure meeting you all ^_^! I am truly happy to have this opportunity and I am so keen to get to know more about this beautiful community!
Special thanks to @anique.yael for introducing me to the Biohacking World, which seems an excellent fit for me 'cause I have been having these thoughts and ideas of practicing biology out of the academic context for quite a period of time but I wasn’t able to put them into a clear context until now and that’s how productive and important this experience was for me. @noemi Thanks again for the invitation, I would like very much to come to the Reef in Brussels, that would be awesome! I would love to learn more and put my ideas into actions.
Again @noemi, @matthias, and @anique.yael thank you for coming and sharing your valuable experiences with us and for @Yosser and @zmorda thank you for making this possible ^^.

3 Likes

Hi @winnieponcelet,
Thank you very much for your words of encouragement :smile:. As you know, I am a newbie in this field and I want to become among the best. Thus, I would like very much to come to Brussels and meet you in person, that would give me a great deal of help to put my ideas into actions and fix my project plan. For the meantime, I am trying to gather information as much as possible about biohacking and anything that’s related to, and the reason for that is to be able to figure out the set of skills and knowledge that I need to acquire in order to start my initiative the right way.
As soon as I turn my mess of ideas into something more organised and useful, I would definitely reach you for help and share them with you :grin: Thanks again!

4 Likes

Wow. C’est emouvant de voir toute l’énérgie qui bouge ici et parmi nous après la campe.

@noemi Just fantastic. Thank you for gathering the threads so.

@Yosser @matthias @Nidhal How exciting and kudos to you all for coming up with such a concrete and feasible opportunity for Medenine and its many parties.

And on a side note @Yosser, questions around leadership are so important and I hear you. I was lucky enough to be given a fellowship in leadership many years ago that made me realise one vital thing. Leadership is collaborative. So I second @alberto in terms of knowing that you are not alone, and figuring out how to best leverage what everyone has to offer. I’d be more than happy to talk more with you about it, and will keep my eyes peeled for leadership opportunities for you.

@Nejib_Ammar_5 Thouraya , Ameni et Saleh - c’est incroyable ce projet! Je suis si fière de vous d’avoir toute de suite canaliser vos idées et connections de notre petit atelier et de repondre. Inspirant. Gardez-en contacte avec les suivi.

And dear @Dorsaf I am humbled. This is about you and all that you are, all that you can do. Your determination and excitement can be felt here. We have a huge network of biohackers here, and like @winnieponcelet there is @rachel @pin @unknown_author and more who I’m sure, when you’re ready, will be willing to share their experiences and connections.

Enthused by your ideas at our meeting in Tunis @waeljebri - looks like there’s some alignment with Medenine Digital!? And excited for our call tomorrow @Elyes to talk more about your ideas :pineapple:

En fin, je voudrais reconnaître le leadership et des contributions de @zmorda @Sohayeb @dorra-b parmi tout ça - c’était un privilège et je suis heureuse que ça semble nos collaborations continueront.

8 Likes

@Nejib_Ammar_5 : such a great idea Nejib :ok_hand:.I think that it could be easily implemented in medenine since it responds to a real market need in the region. I will always be ready to help and to collaborate :wink: . @anique.yael : it has been a great pleasure to meet you in Tunis and to get to know your interesting ideas :wink: .

1 Like

@anique.yael @matthias @noemi , merci bien de croire en jeunes tunisiens et leur transmettre des techniques comme Charet et life driver, vraiment c’est génial de vous poursuivre et faire le challenge de changer toute une mentalité !!
Pour moi, et après le Social Innovation Camp, j’ai gagné la réconciliation, la tolérance et le savoir faire face aux problèmes. Et surement je veux acheter mon propre “Life Driver” hhhhhh

Mais biensur mon ami @waeljebri , Marhaba avec nous, nous sommes tous impliqués dans ce projet !!!

1 Like

You don’t need a licence, it’s all free and open source software. For hosting it on your own web server (like a blog / website, but with a bigger server) it would cost 30-50 EUR/month (rough guess). However for the first time when the project does not have much budget or tech people, there is a much simpler hosted solution (= “on other people’s server”), also based on OpenStreetMap (and it can be changed to the self-hosted map software later without losing data).

For that, I propose you use OSM uMap, in a way similar to my instructions for disaster response mapping. Just that you don’t map a disaster, but businesses etc. in your city. You can then embed or link this map on your own OurGhema website and other websites.