الدعوه #1 للقاء المجتمعى الاول

Available in: :gb: English / :ar: Arabic

:gb: English version

###Be part of Egypt’s first Community Call next Tuesday

للغة العربية إضغت هنا

Edit: changed time to Tuesday, June 16 at 10:00 as 3 participants cannot participate. Let’s try to agree on a suitable time Tuesday, to have at least one call prior to Ramadan.

Last year Edgeryders and the United Nations Development Program started collaborating around a new project in three countries: we called it Spot the Future. It engaged over a 130 participants in Georgia, Armenia and Egypt in a massive, peer to peer conversation online (on the Edgeryders platform) and offline (in various workshops and a final conference, Futurespotters). It succeeded in bringing together people doing groundbreaking work at the edges together in discussion, and contributed to a major strategic change happening at the United Nations (read about it here).

In Future Makes our primary focus is to build concrete ways for innovators and activists to support one another’s work, peer to peer. We want to hear from you: what do you do to change your community for the better and what obstacles do you face? We want to know to figure out how communities such as Edgeryders, or larger organizations such as UNDP, could support your work in a sustainable way and how can we learn and teach each other by sharing our stories online.

Let’s build a sustainable model of networked collaboration, where the coordination costs for everyone is minimized. Join our weekly community call, this Tuesday, June 16 at 10:00 on skype.

Joining is easy: Just add mohamed-hegazy91 to your list of contacts, show up at Tuesday, June 16 at 10:00 and write a message in the chat so we know you want to join. We will add you to the call when it starts.

See you soon!

Date: 2015-06-16 08:00:00 - 2015-06-16 09:00:00, Africa/Cairo Time.

##:ar: Arabic version

[text-direction=rtl]

Future) في ثلاثة بلدان، شارك أكثر من 130 مشاركا في جورجيا وأرمينيا ومصر في محادثة ضخمة على الانترنت على منصة (Edgeryders) وفعليا في مختلف حلقات العمل و المؤتمر النهائي (Futurespotters). نجح في الجمع بين الأشخاص الذين يقومون بالعمل على الحواف معا في المناقشة، وساهم في تغيير استراتيجي كبير يحدث في الأمم المتحدة (اقرأ عنها هنا).

في المستقبل تركيزنا الأساسي هو بناء طرق ملموسة للمبدعين و الناشطين لدعم عمل بعضهم بعضا. نريد أن نسمع منك: ماذا تفعل لتغيير المجتمع للأفضل وما العقبات التي واجهتك؟ نحاول أن نعرف كيف يمكن للمجتمعات مثل إدجريدرس (Edgeryders)، أو المنظمات الكبيرة مثل برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي (UNDP)، أن تدعم عملك بطريقة مستدامة.

دعونا نبني نموذج مستدام للتعاون الشبكي، حيث نصل بتكاليف التنسيق للجميع إلى الحد الأدنى. انضم لدعوة المجتمع الأسبوعية يوم الثلاثاء القادم في تمام الساعة 10:00 CEST على سكايب.

الانضمام سهل: مجرد ضف mohamed-hegazy91 إلى قائمة جهات الاتصال على سكايب، تظهر في يوم الثلاثاء القادم في تمام الساعة 10:00 CEST وكتابة رسالة في الدردشة في الساعة 10:00 CEST حتى نعرف أنك ترغب في الانضمام.

نراكم قريبا!

[/text-direction]

See more at: https://edgeryders.eu/en/node-4554/text-for-community-calls#sthash.UVSYI6ow.dpuf

Tue, 2015-06-16 10:00 - 11:00 +02:00 (Africa/Cairo)

2 Likes

@Hazem @monarezk @SamarAli @Elghamry @labanita

Hello everybody. So I am trying to get the first community call for Cairo started, and hopefully before Ramadan isa. I chose Saturday at 11:30am, I hope that works for everyone.

I hope we can get some of the workshop participants to attend as well. I am currently creating a mailing list so we can draft an invitation mail and continue.

3 Likes

Maybe also translate title?

How would you translate “Community Call #1”?

Translation

لدعوة المجتمع الأسبوعية

The link for the Arabic edition

Mohamed would you please change the link of the Arabic edition to للغة العربية إضغط هنا as there’s a typo mistake in إضغط.

Thanks.

1 Like

Tuesday is good but let’s plan for an earlier meeting cause I have other work to be done.

Please pick one day and time and stick to it every week

this lowers cost of communication and coordination. Reasoning: 1. We only need to produce communication materials in the different languages once and 2) it’s easier to remember and invite others to get involved (“it’s an interesting project- go talk to them, the futuremakers call is tuesdays at x time”)