A template for microsolidarity

Update:

I recorded a conversation with some Enspiral colleagues at Sydney Uni about some of the research questions invited by #microsolidarity. Audio & links can be found at https://www.microsolidarity.cc/discussing/research-questions

Edgeryders gets a nod :slight_smile:

Anyone who wants to participate in this open research project is welcome. I’m low on time for coordinating right now, so I’m just publishing things in public where I can.

2 Likes

One year on, I just published a significant update.

News:

• I’m involved with 4 newish communities getting established in Europe, all focused on personal development and mutual aid for social impact (hopefully with a few EdgeRyders folks)
  • I’m documenting transcontextual patterns and keen to learn from other co-experimenters
  • We raised €70k in grants so I can spend significant time working on this in 2020

The full update is 2500 words. If you want to read/share it on the Web, here’s some links:

Or if you prefer to read it without any snooping from Big Data, download it from my website in whatever format suits you.

4 Likes

@zmorda this might be good to look into for the OCI Lab

1 Like

Hi @richdecibels , good to hear you can pursue this, am following with interest. Had come across your venture agreements handbook some time ago - it comes to mind again as we move into the next phase of an initiative we are working on. Would be interesting to have a chat if you have time

The work we are doing in the OpenVillage is to develop a model of entrepreneurship that enables large-ish groups of people who do not know one another, to work together in getting a critical mass of healthy businesses off the ground. Usually in a situation of low-to-no cash available up front because you cannot or do not want to rely on VCs or grants. By healthy we mean: regenerative for the individual participants as well as for the ecosystems in which we are embedded. The geographic focus of our work at the moment is the Eastern Mediterranean and Africa.

After a couple of rounds of attempts to support “free form” collaboration through sharing experience and advice online, gatherings, residency programs, fellowships etc we found that a more structured, guided process was needed for catherding, peer mentoring and collaboration building. As well as legal frameworks for how this can work taking into account the vast differences between the regulatory frameworks, business culture, languages etc that we are navigating.

At the moment @zmorda and myself are stewarding the first iteration of this process in the form of an online peer to peer incubator program, the OCI Lab. We managed to raise funds to cover the first round from the World Bank - but the intention is for it to become fully self-sufficient without external financing.

The focus this year has been developing the format and curriculum: at the end of february we will have a first round of “graduates” from the program.

The next step is a collective exploration/learning/building journey into the legals, economics and culture making. Might you be up for a community call hosted by @zmorda and myself sometime in February?

3 Likes