Applying for the H2020 collective intelligence call - looking for operational partners and collaborators

to make the intention clear here: Of course the entire consortium will support anyone with what it takes to stem the admin & bureaucratic burden and set everything up smoothly. This will be a team effort.

1 Like

Hi, fairkom is part of a network of IT solution providers with a focus on sustainability. We offer open source based web services such as fairchat, fairmeeting, faircloud or board.net. We help organisations and companies to avoid having their data hosted at the big five cloud providers. We are organized as a partner network and put all surplus into open standards, FLOSS and commons projects. Yet we also do a lot of consulting, helping our customers to migrate and be happy with FLOSS solutions. We did have experience with large EC funded projects, also in the role of a coordinator, but not recently. We are also involved in several social design projects, that aim at a more fair economy, such as Fair.Coop. We would love to share our experience in various roles, as a facilitator, incubator or even as an active consortium member. Our bookkeeping and controlling is in-house and based on the Open Source tool ERPnext, which would easily allow to manage also larger funds. We do have accounting people in our team, but our not-for-profit organisation might be too small when it comes to an eligibility check for the organisational partner role.
EDIT: I will get in touch with Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences regarding the organisational role.

3 Likes

@melancon Hi Guy, Brigitte Trousse and I are both involved in getting enoll.org’s taskforce “social impact of ai” off the ground, and I think coop between inria and ai research orgs in Germany (I am also affiliated at dfki.de) will expand so I would love to link my role in this emerging proposal to this franco-german coop dynamic somehow as well. Or at least see what linkages there are, better understand them. We live on the border and work with regional colleagues also on ai projects and so I am curious about what part of all of this might also become part of this very local, very concrete cross-border exchange.

3 Likes

Copy that.

@BlackForestBoi Hi Oliver, is there an update re potential coordinator? If there isn’t one by the end of this week I fear it might not be possible to submit.

Hey Soenke

we have 2 more leads that could work out, but yeah it does not look good so far.
@melancon Any news from your side?

News from my side, I opened a new Google Doc with a cleaner version of the proposal we can use to send around, and continuously can now extend with finished sections coming in.

I copied the TODOs section over to the working copy proposal (the old one). Any comments are welcome, especially on the items of “other todos”

@katjab @RobvanKranenburg are you seeing this?

I can also bring in IDSIA if wanted. Let me know it.

Good morning, I have contacted Rachid and we can count with Alliance Block as a partner.

Alliance Block: https://allianceblock.io/
Please read this article: https://medium.com/@allianceblock/allianceblock-and-holo-announce-a-strategic-partnership-899e948c9ede

hello guys, please tell me the next time you want to use the call room :slight_smile:

Here a folder with the recordings of your last coordination call:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pxIws9u_CwM3__3l4_cn6xS9M1Kak5-a

@everyone!

We are now in a state where we wanna invite potential collaborators.
What we are trying is to get the support from a wide network of supporters to show a strong community backing to the evaluators of the proposal.

Please take the 3min to sign up, and feel free to pass this on to any organisation, community space, event host or person you think has an interest to be on board with this.

Here you find more information and how to sign up:

2 Likes

Posted to secure scuttlebutt…. Great work!

I’m not sure if this tweet from @ngi4eu is relevant but I thought I’d pass along:

Indicate your interest! TODAY is the deadline! Get your ICT proposal checked in early 2020!

:point_right: Ideal-ist proposal check: Ideal-ist Proposal Check | Next Generation Internet

[:date:] 8 January

:pushpin: Rome or remotely

4 Likes

ping @BlackForestBoi @hugi thanks for heads up @daveed

3 Likes

Indeed! Thanks @daveed!

1 Like

thanks @daveed!

@everyone would it work to do our community call on Thursdays 8pm regularly?

2 Likes

Hello @BlackForestBoi, yes, I can set up your community calls regularly for Thursdays. The massage for the last one sadly recached me too late as was travelling that day. I can set them up weekly 8 pm from now on out and share a calendar. Should I do that?

yes please my dear Maria, I missed the call as I did not get the zoom link on time, and I have been working on finding the coordinator, and wanted to share what I had been doing…

Edgeryders Team is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: H2020 Collective Intelligence Call
Time: Dec 26, 2019 08:00 PM Brussels
Every day, until Dec 27, 2019, 2 occurrence(s)
Dec 26, 2019 08:00 PM
Dec 27, 2019 08:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Daily: Error - Zoom

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 405 426 755