Applying for the H2020 collective intelligence call - looking for operational partners and collaborators

Thank you for a great call @BlackForestBoi, @soenke and @lylycarrillo! Very interesting collaborations and synergies! Let me know if I can help out in any way here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@MariaEuler @soenke @lylycarrillo

I’d like to do a community call on this every Thursday at 6pm to talk about the next steps.

Soenke and Lyly: Did you already get feedback from people you approached?
Here is an updated invitation:

And here is the public Google Doc of the proposal [WIP]

1 Like

I will set up the recurring call for you guys and post the link here. Will be the same link every week and you should be able to enter the room room even without me with as many people as needed

2 Likes

Hi @BlackForestBoi
I have contacted Eva from Nesta via LinkedIn, and I have also sent an email to Ruben from imec. You are in CC in that email.

I will approach P2Pf, TimeLab, Michel Bauwens, but I am not sure of the kind of partnership/role that fits them. What could I write specifically to them?

1 Like

Shall we do the call then all together on Wednesday 8:30pm with Ruben, instead of Thursday?

Can’t do 08:30 pm but happy to catch up soonest after that

It is fine for me, and we could ask @MariaEuler to support us to record the call so @soenke can follow it. Does it sound okay?

cool thx much !

Edgeryders Team is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Applying for the H2020 collective intelligence call - looking for operational partners and collaborators
Time: Dec 11, 2019 08:30 PM Brussels

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 904 722 442

I set this up as a one off now. which time do you want for the recurring call?

1 Like

Hi @BlackForestBoi @soenke
I have contacted my DGOV colleagues/friends who participated in the previous proposals for Nesta Collective Intelligence with the Institute of Innovative Governance, the Estonian foundation that supports us: https://www.instingov.org/.

I have exchanged some messages on telegram with them, and here I am posting the last post, my invitation for them to join us over in this Edgeryders platform. I hope that they join us :slight_smile:

I think that we could join this proposal under the Institute of Innovative Governance (Estonian Foundation), the institution that supports us as DGOV already and that I put you all in contact with.
I think that we could team up and support as researchers and facilitators of all governance aspects, coordination aspects. I would love to move the conversation over there. And I will published this same post on the edgeryders platform where we are getting organized for this proposal.

I suggest that we all read the proposal and suggest our personal contributions to this research.

There is a call tonight about Collective Intelligence, and tomorrow evening there is another one for this proposal with Ruben (U Ghent researcher and lead developer/researcher for Solid). The posts are on the Edgeryders platform also.

Hi all, excellent. Spoke with DFKI, for them it is too short notice as they have a lot of proposals due Jan 2020. Fraunhofer ist interested in a work package but not as lead / coordinator.

1 Like

Let’s talk about this with Ruben tonight. I am sure that we can find support in our networks.

Dear @MariaEuler
Could you support us by facilitating a zoom room for us for tonight at 8:30 pm? It will be very helpful also to record the call. It will be with Ruben, researcher at the University of Ghent and an important figure for the Solid project.

Here is the room as posted above:

I can start the recording for you and we can see in how far you need me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Addendum re DFKI: colleagues couldn’t quite make out in the draft text what possible technological dev components might be - what exactly (platform, tools, incubator infrastructures etc) will have to be developed in the context of the core research project? If there is something concrete there might still be interest.

mm heads up re Brexit - related risks, I would be a bit careful about UK based organisations till things clear up politically speaking.

Bonjour @melancon - have a look at the concept note posted above by @BlackForestBoi nd see if you/University of Bordeaux might be interested?

Hi @nadia thanks for mentioning me and inviting me to have a look at the concept note. What contribution would you guys expect from UB? Something in the flavour of pouring in SSNA? Or are you pointing at our local “à la startup” project developing SSNA tech?

From what I can see, the project would be a great opportunity to team up again. (@bpinaud might want to have a look as well.)

Let me know. Cheers all, Guy

1 Like

Hi @melancon nice to e-meet - does UB also work with INRIA? I also thought of them as we have a local coop across ai research networks

Hello Guy!

thanks for dropping by and your interest to find a way to collaborate :slight_smile:

So what we are most urgently need right now is an operational partner that is trusted by the EC to handle the funds (and the associated bureaucracy). Of course an organisation taking this role is invited to be involved in other ways too, after all the paper work is the least fun part.

I am not familiar with the research objectives of you or UB so I don’t know where there would be another area of collaboration yet. It would be great if you were able to make it to our call tonight at 8:30pm where we could dive deeper into those questions. If not, I am more than happy to jump on a call with you in the next days.

1 Like