Bern User Forum 2023 Transcripts - 11SEB

The last two questions how much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

I think it starts with the consumer patterns, with our decisions. I think it starts here if we don’t change our consumer patterns. On the other hand, the economy will not change. So it starts with the with the consumer patterns, I think is very, very important.

the last Question, Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue? On what scale can a circular economy be successfully implemented?

Yeah, I think it’s a global it’s a global scale. We have to think globally. We can’t say that we we reduce our ecological footprint locally and don’t care about the the consequences in other countries. So this is greenwashing. We should avoid that. I’m in a in the European University Association Research Innovation Strategy Group, and it’s a big issue, cross-country discussions about what can we do in science systems, cross-border collaborations on on developing circular economy in sustainability. So it’s it’s at least in that team it’s an European issue, but I also think it’s a global issue. Yeah, we can only change the world by saving the world as such. Yeah.

Thank you very much.

coded