Community Acupuncture - an ongoing mutation

EBM

Dear @steelweaver, I do appreciate your references, but cochrane reviews are better in supporting the statements. Personally I have proposed some studies but apparently ‘scientific approach’ is disturbing the ‘chi’. However we surrender to a universal law ‘effectiveness is the measure of truth’  and we have a moral obligation to strive for the most effective treatment (leave the measure of effectiveness open for now) regardless of our personal beliefs, hopes and dreams.

What I’m getting at here is that OpenCare should also consider establish a serious approach with double scope: avoiding infiltration of quackery and protect us from accusations of quackery.

What I’m asking the community for is to contribute with ideas of how to implement EBM in our approach, as in your clinic?

What I think we can offer each other within OpenCare is the solution to “can’t afford to hire a medical research team”, surely we have the skills in this comunity.

So lets help each other. I’ve started a cook book over here

Insight?

I’m not familiar with the project and do not really immiedetly see what my contributon should be. References to previous insights on how private services are more customer oriented than public?

Stealth mode

No, other examples of care services that rewire themselves so as to (1) establish themselves as “owned” by the community and (2) bypass stifling regulation.

traumatapping

@steelweaver, as an acupuncturist, do you know this tapping technique: Trauma Tapping Technique, TTT - a tool to resolve ptsd | Peaceful Heart Network and do you think it is effective?

tapping

I haven’t come across that exact technique - a quick google suggests it is a modified version of EFT suitable for people with more acute trauma.

What I have heard from colleagues [and here] is that these tapping techniques work, but mostly because the tapping helps to distract/reorient the system to allow the trauma to be released, rather than because it is a specifically effective sequence of acupuncture points.

That said, acupuncture points are areas that initiate particularly high physiological responses, so if you are going to be tapping yourself, arguably you might as well do it on acupuncture points to get an even better effect. And doing a sequence of points in all the areas of the body will ensure that no forgotten area retains the tension of the trauma.

In short - it’s probably worth giving it a try!