Community Call 2017-12-13: Brainstorming a new media platform

Early next year they will be able to accept translations into their upcoming desktop version of the app, so that will make it much easier to use OLIO in countries where English isn’t the native language :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes i prefer to have it as open source app.

i Dumpster diving in europe and i used hitch-wiki to do that. but this app will have access for food from Folks and people who around in the area.

• As our project we can have OLIO Copy cat and build a new one as open source .
    Or
  • We can Contact OLIO and ask them to Have volunteering in translation i can go for Arabic - French and MENA Languages or accent .
1 Like

USE Essaouira for Digital Nomads
to know more about digital nomad list find out more cities…

essaouira listed one of the fastest internet cities (low budget digital nomad list)

2 Likes

would love to share with you @hazem @owen @gregoiremarty

https://graphics.wsj.com/image-grid/future-of-everything/

2 Likes

This is amazing @mahmoud and I’m looking forward to diving in. As an FYI, if you’re interested in the meshnet developments we’ve taken the conversation to riot so let us know if you’d like an invitation to the encrypted room.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

@owen, thanks for these notes.

@mahmoud, this OLIO app seems brilliant. Looking forward to it. I’m currently living in Rabat, Morocco, let’s talk about introducing the app there.

We’re going to talk about media production (I’m kind of used to it), processes & everything. We need mics, compu, tools, ideas, time & people. The conversation goes on riot now. You’re welcome !

1 Like

@nevvol will help open village in documenting as video / audio and transcription and all stuff needed for IT , He’s an activist for social media & open source in jordan, so he might help during this project.

1 Like

Thanks, @mahmoud, @hazem
I can help with AV documenting, transcription, creating promotional materials, maintaining of workstations, and other things when needed.

1 Like

Good to know that guys.
When will you be there in February?
ping @mahmoud

Wow I totally missed this. Did you ever connect with @elf_pavlik? it sounds like you have a lot in common.

Have been thinking a lot about Conversations lately.

Inspired by @HadeerGhareeb I posted an open question on my FB feed: “How are you preparing for your death?”

A mix of hilarity and usefulness ensued from “hoping for the singularity” to “setting up a testament with all my passwords” using this piece of software they built https://secrets.dyne.org

Hadeer posts these beautiful open ended questions and what ensues is reflective exchange. I love it. If is something we can get going e.g through what we are discussing for sensestack @hugi and @matteo_uguzzoni that might be nice, no? something to keep in mind for the april design sprint

2 Likes

This excites me, since I just started my Master Thesis, which is about creating stories to communicate Visions. (calling them Myths might be a bit confident) And since the stories come from the people, this is a very similar thing.

What I’m not yet sure is how to communicate these stories. Text might work, but for them to spread and diffuse so deep into culture that they can begin to change it, they need other forms of media.
What forms of media do you consider suitable for impacting culture?

2 Likes

This sounds fascinating. Very interested in the ideas that you are using.

Hi Alex,
Basically, I’m going to use established plot structures and scenario methods as a basis for something like a tabletop / planning / role playing game. But I’m just starting, so there’s nothing definite there yet.

1 Like

Well that sounds really cool. Let me know if you want to share anything. I play a lot of RPG and tabletop games so i’ve a good grasp on what works