Connect! - Introduce yourself and your project

Tell us about yourself:
I’m also working on a global sensemaking layer for information exchange. Looking at alternatives.

Tell us about your project:
https://hyperknowledge.org

Overweb Concept Category
Overweb Sensemaking Concept

2 Likes

Tell us about yourself:
Systems thinker and all-win designer developing systems that support distributed cooperation and value sharing for the good of all. Also, a writer, artist, and filmmaker. www.benjaminlife.one

Meta-politics - general inquiry into civic participation systems, digital commons spaces, and integral dialogue.

Overweb Concept Category

2 Likes

Tell us about yourself:
I am a web and mobile app developer and I have been working on technology to build agreement fight misinformation for over 10 years.

Reason Score (ReasonScore.com) is a process and technology to walk a group of people through a process to build agreement and understand all the information from all the participants in an efficient way and to think transparently.

Gulli Bot (GulliBot.com) is a character that uses the Reason Score process to facilitate agreement on contentious issues on the internet.

I have several other projects in the space of people understanding complex information.

Overweb Concept Category
Overweb False Claims Concept

2 Likes

Tell us about yourself:
@liambroza

LifeScope.io

Overweb Concept Category
Overweb Open Concept

2 Likes

Tell us about yourself:
I am Rhea Dunn, a mother, multidisciplinary artist, educator, and entrepreneur. I am the founder of a business and educational production, publishing, and consulting company Melanin Ink (www.melanin.ink).

Melanin Ink is a business and educational consulting, publishing, and production company that is currently working on several program initiatives and community projects, which include:
•Homies2Cool, a homeschool business supporting families affected by trauma
•Black Homeschools, a network of Black homeschooling families and educators
•Black Healers Group, a network of Black health and wellness practitioners
•Multicultural Homeschools, a network of homeschool families celebrating cultural diversity
•Leap of Faith, arts production and consulting
•Several community partnerships including the following organizations: Boston COVID-19 Coalition, African Repertory Troupe, Boston Public Health Commission, All Aces, Inc.

During the process of the Overweb Challenge Webinar I had several ideas for possible projects and teams that could work in multidisciplinary ways on things like:
•safety and security assessment, evaluation, enforcement
•health and wellness
•science and research studies related to things like healing arts sciences…and more
•education and self-directed learning programs and homeschooling

Overweb Concept Category
Overweb Education Concept

2 Likes

Welcome, @maparent!

What kind of alternatives are you looking for?

I find the 3 different layers describe in context with hyperknowlege quite interesting. Could you maybe write/post a bit about those here as they could an interesting concept and vocabulary for multiple projects and people could easier engage directly with the details of your projects?

otherwise, I would also recommend to you to maybe check out our SSNA stuff, and how we are exploring different conversation and sensemaking layers with that, e.g. here: NGI Ethnography Preliminary Findings - October 2020

1 Like

Hello @thebeautyway great to have such an artistic polymath join :).

Maybe your interests might overlap with @futurememe. And @concordis and @maparent are working in the same overweb challenge category as you, maybe you could look into joining forces?

And eitherway, I think at the Sci-Fi Economics Lab and the Worldbuilding Akademy which is developing an open-source sci-fi world for authors and economists to explore together to develop new concepts of the future economy could be interesting for you looking at how art and speculation can inform/empower our thinking about what is possible in economics and politics.

1 Like

Welcome @liambroza!

When following the link to LifeScope.io I find the

“Control of your personal data is a human right. LifeScope is an open platform for personal data whereby ownership is returned to the user.”

Could you tell us a bit more about the project?

Just yesterday we had a seminar and workshop series on the topic of Data Policy and rights. check it out here: Data and Policy - Seminar - 20th January Maybe there would be some people that conversing and collaborating with might be interesting for you or that would like to hear about LifeScope and share it around.

1 Like

Welcome @thebeautyway. You have quite a few fascinating projects going on. It will take a little time to study up on it all, but it looks like you have thought deeply about the world and are doing something about it. I hope you find this event, and our community here worthwhile!

2 Likes

Welcome @BentleyDavis - your projects look very interesting indeed. I hope they can help people come to agreement on controversial issues. I hope you enjoy your time here enough to keep up updated on your progress as well as sharing with us your ideas.

1 Like

Tell us about yourself:
I don’t have a tech/AI background but I have worked in the nonprofit and community development sector for 12+ years. My education is in finance and business and I work at the intersection of community development, social enterprise and fighting the wealth gap.

I work with nonprofits that fight covid, health, food and economic disparities in the most impacted and hard-hit communities - largely Black and Brown. I also work and have leadership positions of the Muslim American community.

I am concerned about
-The wealth gap, economic disparity and techs impact
-Social enterprise
-New trends in tech that Black and Brown communities can use to counter economic disparity

I want to create a digital space for Black Muslim Americans that has a self sustaining business model to it.

Overweb Concept Category
Overweb SDG Concept

2 Likes

Thank you Maria!

Maybe alternatives was not exactly the right word; but I am interested in the various systems people are designing for a Web of ideas, because it is my goal that these various systems should remain connected. Not only technical interoperability, but semantic interoperability of evolving semantic networks, which I think requires an event-driven architecture. Another non-obvious design constraint is that diverse sensemaking communities use different names for similar concepts: so grounding topic identity in language is a non-starter for me. Don’t get me wrong, it is perfectly appropriate for individual communities to converge on a unifying vocabulary, and to observe (as you did) connections at that level; but the inter-community layer cannot make this assumption.

So… I am developing this layer to describe language independent links to evolving concepts, and I am curious to see who else is thinking about this problem space at this level. I am also working on the layer above that, describing the argumentation network on this base layer. There are many people working at that level, and I’d be happy to have the conversation about why I think it needs to be built on this lower layer I’m working on.

Regards to all,
Marc-Antoine

2 Likes

Welcome @MelaninInk. Thanks to the pandemic, rather suddenly home schooling has moved into the mainstream. Multicultural HomeSchools - great idea. I hope you find your time here worthwhile!

Welcome @NdidiWrites - we certainly share your concerns and I hope that you find your time with us worthwhile. Would love to hear more about your experiences and ideas for Black Muslim Americans. If we don’t collectively fix the widening economic disparities and the racism that drives so much of it, there won’t be any real progress on much of anything else, it seems to me. The time to finally deal with all of this is now.

1 Like

Still looking to find groups of scientists or others to organize their perspectives into a meaningful whole on Concordis. I’m excited to work with any group which feels like the mass media are not accurately representing the consensus of their community. Sharing findings will be done organically through social media. I’d be very interested! Thank you

2 Likes

Tell us about yourself:
I’m an entrepreneur, traveller, and investor.

I’m currently researching on ways to improve our collective sense making with AI and decentralization.

Overweb Concept Category

2 Likes

Tell us about yourself:
My name’s Ethan. I’ve been interested in the future of code and the web since I learned about Bret Victor back in 2017. I’ve made some connections on Twitter and Discord with those in the movement today, and I’ve since become interested in PKM, development, decentralized Internet, and related subjects.

I want to help bring the UX of high-quality games to bear on how we learn with computers, synthesizing games, PKM, code, music, and art.

Overweb Concept Category

Welcome, @abhi,

Edgeryders organised a big conference on the topic of AI and (in)justice with experts from academia to the previous Italian minister of economy and finance (Fabrizio Barca) and many people in the community are quite interested and active in this area. This post could give you a nice overview of some of the conversation in this thread: Summaries of 10 stories on topics relevant to AI & Justice workshop

1 Like

Welcome @Plantey!

If you are interested in decentralised Internet, this is a good read/ discussion to join: Decentralized risks: Hosting information for others comes at a cost to help solve the problem of risk for decentralised information hosts.

From the project goals you are interested in, I would recommend you to connect with your fellow participant @thebeautyway who introduced themselves also in this thread.

I’m late to the party, but interested in the results and follow-up.
On the challenge website it says “The Overweb Challenge concluded on January 22nd with the closing session in which participants did elevator pitches about their Overweb concepts.”

Are these videos the pitches, or are the contents of those pitches available somewhere else?