Create the evaluation report for the Open Ethnographer prototype

The evaluation report about the Open Ethnographer prototype is one of the deliverables (budget item 5). It has to include user-based testing and requirements collection, so is also a prerequisite for most of the development tasks.

The report can be developed and should be published in the Open Ethnographer Prototype Evaluation wiki.

We decided in the initial Open Ethnographer call to do an “ethnography of stewardship” during the evaluation usage, but only with content we have already from Case Studies Adventures etc. (seeding new content is for later, when using the newly developed Open Ethnographer software).

Who, and until when?

@Alberto, when is this deliverable due? And who’s going to compile that final evaluation report – @Inga_Popovaite, was that you? If so, just assign the task to yourself :slight_smile:

Thanks! (I can help with problems with the prototype usage of course. Have linked the existing documentation etc. in the report’s wiki.)

Is this the ethnography?

@Matthias, I assume you are talking about the deliverable called “test results” in the proposal. That deliverable is due on December 31st; consists in the ethno report; and should be compiled by @Inga_Popovaite.

Please see the proposals for other deliverables. By the way, a first checkpoint is already overdue: we were supposed to report to Faizal by October 31st on the onboarding workshop done at LOTE4. However, that can maybe just be an email linking to this project and an offer of a Skype call. I have moved the documentation from the LOTE4 session, with some cleaning up and editing, onto this wiki.

1 Like

Merged your wiki in

Nadia had already created a wiki with the onboarding seminar notes. So I merged your wiki into that text; esp. thanks for the elaboration on the last points (“Tools for Digital Stewardship”). Deleted your wiki afterwards, but all your edits made it into the other wiki. Just so you know, @Alberto :slight_smile:

No, just confusion

Somehow I was under the impression (and we discussed this in the call a week ago) that formally evaluation the prototype and writing a report about it is one of the deliverables. Looked it up now, it isn’t.

We need an evaluation of the prototype for our own purposes of requirement gathering of course, but that is already covered by the feedback I gathered from Inga in the call last week.

So, this task is for the dustbin. Will create tasks for the other deliverables now (and I think the dates are all plus two months now, while you put in the original date for the ethnography here, right?).