Didi Asks - Social Game

Hello, This is Hadeer from Egypt, I participated in Openvillage - MENA REEF House so I had the opportunity to meet some people from here and since that, I didn’t stop my series of questioning that some here might be aware of it on facebook with #Didi_Asks.

I would like to share with you the updates and would be very helpful to have some ideas from your side.

I am tuning #Didi_Asks into question into a serious game that aims to enhance communication through a journey of questioning and sharing answers while motivated by the joy of playing.

It is a multiplayer game using cards like UNO that consist of 3 different types of cards as following:
1- Questions
2- Star cards: a set of privileges and actions to be performed by the players
3- Game instructions: to redirect the order of playing to keep the dynamics

I examined it with some groups here in Egypt and the results were very promising so far.

Now, I am kind of a being lost state, not knowing how to register it officially, should it be a startup or that I just need to register it solely as a game. Also, I feel like something is missing…we are experimenting it with different groups but I feel like I need a tool to evaluate more than that taking people opinions.

Photos are from 2 different sessions we held were different individuals gathered to play mostly knowing each others for the first time.
The cards are still primitive and those were in Arabic.

3 Likes

I suggest you post it in the trust in play community, plenty of people who can help with that!

1 Like

Hadeer,

Have you posted this in the ‘trust in play’ community, as suggested by Natalia? Also, is there a possibility of developing this into an educational game for children?

Regards,

Jason

hi Jason, yes I just posted it there as well.
Indeed we can turn it into educational game to young adults (13- 17 YO). Last event we participated in was the celebration of the world international youth day and we used questions related self awareness and developing since the theme was education. We played it with a group of old and young participants from different refugee communities in Cairo.

1 Like

Hadeer hi, talk to @zmorda and @Sohayeb about including it in the OCI lab if you want structured help with this.

1 Like

Great, thank you.
I have just applied through the online form. @zmorda and @Sohayeb please let me know if I need to do something else.

1 Like

Hadeer,

Can you link me to your post in ‘Trust in Play’ community?

I would like to discuss this further with you and perhaps others.

As an explainer, many years, I coordinated a regional South Asian music initiative for schools. The initiative involved music making workshops and then a series of performances as part of a regional festival.

In the evaluation of the initiative, I put together an exit and development strategy based on monitoring and evaluation feedback from teachers and pupils.

One of the discoveries as part of this was that the learning from music workshops was not backed up by class room learning about cultures, so we developed an educational resource which was awarded after the exit and development strategy was submitted to our funders.

I mention this, because I think a few of us could get together on EdgeRyders and develop something similar, but along the lines of culture, tolerance and citizenship, which could then be adapted to different age groups, class room settings, and the curriculum.

Let me know what you think?

Regards,

Jason

3 Likes

You could also talk to @ola who developed Methodkit -I’ve bought several kits for my own projects and for edgeryders work and find them very useful. Perhaps he has some advice as he has managed to build a business around his cards?

1 Like

This would be great. I also had an experience in Colombia teaching kids Arabic while making upcycled wallets from old tetra packs and the learning process was different involving many senses.

here is the link in trust in play, i couldn’t mention you
https://community.trustinplay.eu/t/didi-asks-social-game/556

and here is a video about that mentioned experience but sadly it is only in Indonesian and Spanish.
Trash Into Toys in Colombia

1 Like

Thanks again!

I see Hadeer has just replied to my earlier message, so hopefully the discussion can move to Trust in Play and Ola will join.

Regards,

J

1 Like

Hello @HadeerGhareeb super nice idea ! Thank you for your application we will be more than happy to welcome you through the OCI Lab project , your project will be evaluated and the team will get back to you by the end of this month. As you start testing the idea you can go further in the design of the card and the backage do you have the needed skills? @HadeerGhareeb

Thanks @zmorda I am reaching the concept of the design but I can’t do it myself. I will need to get fund then hire a designer.

Ok this is one of the connections we need to make visavi matchmaking.

2 Likes

Thanks Nadia. Would be happy to help. Been working with MethodKit the last years, much of the thoughts around how we use it is summarized here → http://method.wiki/

Easiest would be to reach out to ola@methodkit.com

3 Likes

Great idea! Funny thing tho: in Georgian “didi” means “big” - so I thought for a second it was “Big asks” :wink:

1 Like

niceee,in indian it is older sister :smiley:

1 Like

Hadeer did you get in touch with Ola^^?

1 Like

Thank you @ola … I found methodkit very interesting.