Different economic systems, one floating megacity: introducing Witness

I want to take part in the webinar.
Yes

Introduce yourself
I am a cultural historian researching the influences on individuals of languages, religions, and politics. Transmission, reception, and conservation of cultures/knowledge. The historical interaction between literary and political/religious Utopia(s).

I want to take part to the webinar to understand better the project and develop ideas for contributions.

Witnesspedia entries
At first glance I was attracted to The History of Witness, Aethnography, and Religious life.

I am wondering if it would be possible to add a short definition and/or a subject in brackets to certain entries. Some of them are quite cryptical for a newbie scrolling the entries list on the general page of Witnesspedia.

After the webinar I will think if and how I can contribute to what seems a promising and revolutionary project.

2 Likes

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I’m a Political Sociologist with a particular interest in ideology. Ideologies all have (i) an ideal image of society (which doesn’t actually exist) and (ii) all seek to implement policies which aim to ensure that the actual and the ideal coincide as much as possible. Ideal ideological worlds thus exist only in the realm of fantasy. Identifying people’s fantasy worlds could therefore be a useful way of identifying the ideal societies they wish to inhabit and the sort of policies they would be willing to support to achieve this.

Witnesspedia entries
I’ll have to get back to you on that.

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I am interested in the futures of economic planning and would like to contribute my knowledge where applicable.

Witnesspedia entries
I don’t know where this is.

1 Like

Hello @gceh22. Thanks for registering.

You can find it here

Yes

Introduce yourself
I am a technology theorist and design researcher interested in the role of connected things in experience and society, and in how these kinds of things can be designed in ways that can better support sustained human and non-human flourishing. Recognizing that the current developmental trajectories of digital platforms and services have been driven to a significant degree by commercial interests oriented toward profit through dataveillance, and more broadly that ongoing ecological devastation is the result of capitalism’s (lack of) orientation toward our shared ecologies, I am very interested to explore what other (economic) worlds might be possible.

Witnesspedia entries

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
Being a partner of the project as member of Fondazione di Communita di Messina, I am particularly interested in the multi linguistic and multi cultural aspects of this project and how economic science fiction can improve strategic thinking and development of the Distretto Sociale evoluto di Messina.

Witnesspedia entries
Together with some friends and researchers in France I am trying to organize a french version of a new minor district “La République des communs” and with FdCM an Italian version of a fiction based on the history of the “distretto sociale evoluto” to nurish the strategic plan of the FdCM.

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself

Witnesspedia entries

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I’m Gian, I recently discovered this project, it seems really interesting and I’d like to take part in the webinar in order to better understand how worldbuilding works.

Witnesspedia entries
At the moment I don’t have any ideas on how I could contribute to the development of the Witnesspedia, I’m just interested in learning more.

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I’m an Architect and comics artist, Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering construction. I’ve published several papers and the book Fantastic architecture, the visionary archetypes of the comic strip, for Interscienze edizioni and have partecipated in several International Architecture Conferences. I’m also made comics, storyboards and street art works. My style is characterized by graphic lines of a dirty black and white, mixed with watercolor, realistics and visionary environments. I supports my research in the field of architectural design, teaching at the Messina Art School “Basile”.

Witnesspedia entries
I’ve a particular interested in fantastic architectures and I’ve just made a graphic novel and some illustrations for Worldbuilding Academy.

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I write stuff.

Witnesspedia entries
Well, pretty much all of it.

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I write Science Fiction and work on creating value in carbon reductions. What you describe is pretty much exactly what I’m doing myself.

Not sure about how to contribute, I will just listen in for now.

Witnesspedia entries
I didn’t find the time to read yet.

1 Like

Yes

Introduce yourself
I participated with Michela De Domenico in the preview phase of the world. I deal with communication education and I am interested in the relationship between storytelling and imagination

Witnesspedia entries
I would certainly like to continue collaborating on the development of the world’s visualization, layout and communication strategies

1 Like

The Zoom link has been sent to all of the people that have registered.
Please control your mail.

Yes

Introduce yourself
Bret Willers Head of Sustainability & Climate Change at the City of Coventry in the UK former member of the SU’s Urban Environment Expert Group formerly engaged in the UN’s Habitat II Programme.

Witnesspedia entries
Use of storytelling through short stories artistic expressiona d video to illustrate a possible future world

Hi Bret,

The webinar was earlier today so you missed it, but we will update regularly on the developments.
Please check this thread on how to engage with the project.

Cheers,
Ivan

In the meantime, courtesy of @carolina_carvalho - here is the Withesspedia up till now: Witnesspedia.pdf (2.0 MB)

Yes

Introduce yourself
Introduction of a study of media practice in Witness.

Witnesspedia entries

1 Like