Do you want to join our Covid19 Community Response? A breakdown of Edgeryders activities, roles, tasks and workflows

Yes indeed. Our brain create habits to automate doing things. Those steps helps to adopt new good habits to adapt with this new situations.

Yeah i am definitely interested and want to participate in the next call.

3 Likes

Donā€™t recall. So, let it go.

Yes, very happy to join a call! Iā€™ve been part of a few different initiatives/conversations, and it seems thereā€™s a big need to understand what is needed where and how (demand-focus) and match with possible supplies.

Thereā€™s a lot of initiatives happening everywhere, hereā€™s a massive list of challenges that were handed to 40,000 participants in the German hackathon last weekend, and weā€™re still waiting for the judges to determine the interesting projects that came out, but thereā€™s been more than a few that have collected momentum. (Similar effort will happen in South America from April 3-5: cadadiacuenta.org)

1 Like

https://mriguel.org/en#
This is my project that I wrote about it the last week.

1 Like

@zmorda :slight_smile:

Hello @yassine_el_metoui_84 next week we will launch a call of application for an acceleration program we will send you the details soon.

2 Likes

So, since last week @owen and I with help from @hugi and James have gotten this site up: work.edgeryders.eu.

On the other side of Edgeryders, makers are producing protective visors for medical personnel. We have makers, doctors and material coordinators collaborating in this thread (in Swedish, but ping @nadia) :

https://forum.blivande.com/t/tillverkning-av-visir-faceshields-i-goteborg/839/18

4 Likes

Hi @nadia
Yes, we are deep in it, just completed the John Hopkins COVID19 Design Challenge.

Here is the final deck that we put together for the next two weeks

Researcher%20generated%20context

This is just the start of the COVID19 Info Bridging project, and we would love to collaborate.

COVID19 Funding Links from Daveed Benjamin

1. WeFunder Coronavirus Accelerator $50K plus mentorship (due April 3rd)
  2. Khosla Ventures likes black swan events. Submit 5 page plan
  3. Action Against Corona funding
  4. Johns Hopkins Funding Opportunities List
  5. April 3 California Education Learning Lab
  6. April 5 https://www.ahealthierworld.jhu.edu/launchpad-covid-19-rfa
  7. April 6 AHA Rapid Response Grant COVID-19 and Its Cardiovascular Impact
  8. April 7 California Stem Cell Call
  9. April 24 CITRIS Seed Funding ā€“ COVID-19 Response
  10. May 21 Russell Sage Call
  11. June 18 MIT SOLVE Funding for Health Security & Pandemics Challenge
  12. Health Transformer Startup + Health Setup Meeting
  13. Sam Altman Funding for COVID-19 Startups
  14. List of funding opportunities from Founders Beta
  15. List of COVID19 Funding Opportunities from UC Berkeley
7 Likes

This weekend at Blivande, @hampus has started a production line for protective smocks and visors at Blivande.

https://forum.blivande.com/t/help-protect-front-line-doctors-and-nurses-from-blivande-and-win-the-secret-prize/881

@Ollxor and I have spent the last few days setting up a small scale production line for producing hospital smocks and protective visors (see pictures below). Both are desperately needed all over Sweden, both within healthcare but also nursing homes for our elderly (the primary risk group). Just yesterday reports came out that a third of all nursing homes in Stockholm have confirmed COVID19 cases and there many different reports about the almost complete lack of protective gear for the workers at these institutions.

I have also been in touch with hospitals in Tanzania, Uganda and Malawi that are of course in even more dire situations (or will be when the spread starts to pick up speed there). Reports from Malawi confirm that they donā€™t even have access to basic soap in the hospital, let alone any protective gear. Itā€™s important that we donā€™t forget about these places and people just because we are ourselves also in a crisis. Here the primary focus will be to help them get started with their own production and means to do so (machines, tools, material and knowledge). We will also activate our 3D printers and laser cutters to make visors for them.

Ping @nadia

3 Likes

Great list!

Hereā€™s a few from my inbox today (also rather US-focused):

BlackRock
Commits $50 million to help meet immediate needs of those most affected (announcement)

Ford Foundation, Nonprofit Finance Fund, and others
NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund (announcement)

IFC
Increasing its COVID-19 related financing availability to $8 billion as part of a $14 billion World Bank Group package, up from an earlier $6 billion (announcement)

MacArthur Foundation
Chicago Community COVID-19 Response Fund (announcement)

Mastercard, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Wellcome
COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator (announcement)

Open Road Alliance
Open Road Impact Fund (providing short-term bridge loans - more info) COVID-19 loan products

The Rockefeller Foundation
Commits $20 million in COVID-19 assistance to create a better tracking and management system and support vulnerable communities (announcement)

Vital Capital Fund
Launched emergency debt facility to offer critical funding to impactful African companies during coronavirus pandemic (press release)

4 Likes