Edgeryders cited in CAPS program officer's paper describing what the EC is looking for

Hi All,

three things

1. Include visualisation of various dimensions of well being made by myself and Susanne Stauch. Dimensions  based on indicators defined through a participatory process involving over 200 cities  in a COE project called SPIRAL. It may make sense to include it and write something about how the project enables emergence of hollistic solutions connecting issues and solutions across silos in novel ways. As well as surfacing and resolving contractory policy priorities and interventions.

2) Please fill in two tables added in section 2.1 Impact. I was advised that we should ensure that 1) our Expect Impact section answers how the project is relevant for the program as well as 2) include key references that the evaluators expect in order to demonstrate awareness of state of debate within relevant areas. I added two tables in section 2.1 which summarise the main questions to be answered (some of which you just need to copy/past or summarise from elsewhere in the proposal).

1. Make sure that all ER team members description, as well as that of the company as lead partner highlight competence from the Council of Europe project. While reviewing the materials I discovered that Edgeryders is cited by the program officer in his publication presenting CAPS, what they wish to achieve with it and which assumptions they are making.

ER as leader? Confirmed!

Thanks Nadia for this interesting post. Obviously, I like the use of visualization to highlight the insights of the study – maybe should we push a bit on the viz side and use it to disseminate within the consortium and outside. All this makes me think we (at least “we” in Bordeaux!) are fortunate to have ER as leader – a vision, acute expertise and endless enthusiasm.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Guy,

Thank you for the compliment, it is very kind of you and much appreciated.

About the visualisations…

One of the challenges of cooperative production of knowledge across disciplines and communities is going to be bridging gaps in understanding, information, ethics/value systems and cognitive models between different participants. Here the work of cooperatively producing visualisations might serve as a useful method in a collective awareness platform around care as a kind of bridge between citizen science and institutional science.

To help with the proposal building I put together a wiki that presents the priorities, logic and assumptions that underpin the design of CAPS. Here you find more visualisations sourced from publications referenced: https://edgeryders.eu/en/future-of-care-in-the-hands-of-hackers/checklist-key-visualisations