Edgeryders Seeks to Hire Part-Time Community Managers for a 3 Year Project (call closed)

I am very glad to see this announcement, and would love to contribute to NGI as a community manager! My work to make people more aware of avoidable risks to public health, around a big concept of genomic integrity is already more than decade along, and really got jump-started as I got aware of the biohacker community and joined in at Hackuarium (member since 2016 and on the board since 2017, with two active projects to ‘open-source’ classic methods of detection of DNA damage and explore the invisible -microscopic- world around us). Thanks to experiences on Slack (also in the context of Massive Science, SwissDeCode and GOSH) and with the Edgeryders platform, in addition to old-school messaging, forums, and Facebook, I have stories to share indeed and have calmed at least a few ‘flaming wars’ before they went out of control… :blush: My current big push is for open science, and I am very excited about NGI’s open calls (like LEDGER) and so glad I spotted this opportunity! Having been very pleased to meet you, @johncoate, and others from Edgeryders, during the Open Village Festival in Brussels, I already know that I would love to work with you, and hope this feeling might be mutual. It is certain that many of my colleagues in Switzerland, including in the Hackteria network, and internationally, are very involved in tech developments and would love to influence policies that could make the internet more human-centric, and open (yet with privacy somehow again possible!)! Here is my current cv. I hope I am not already too late to join in for these efforts!

2 Likes

Two more points: 1) my cv mentions my C1 level French (in 2012). More progress has been made, as my work environment since 2013 has been extremely bilingual. However, I am still working to improve it, since it is not absolutely perfect, by doing the Frantastique course (from Le Monde). Even with Parisians, I think it is fair to say I get along well, also for writing, but I definitely have some Swiss-French propensities… (something like quatre-vingt-dix-sept is really weird, to me, still!) I have now given quite a few presentations in French, and can handle the questions aok… Especially, it was good enough that I will soon be getting my Swiss passport, a great joy, as my US passport sometimes makes me feel quite ‘honteuse’ these days… (and my voting state is still California, so I can only hope for the future, while fulfilling my civic duties). The Swiss political system, with even a rotating president, is very attractive, particularly in comparison to the current status elsewhere… 2) the cv is a real ‘french’ style, too, with dob and picture (but the picture is from last fall in Shenzhen, not exactly comme il faut). Thank you for your kind consideration.

two more last things (for now): 1) I also lived in Heidelberg for 4 years and so still have some German capabilities (that could be perhaps polished), which even help in some schwitzer-deutsch situations here. 2) I have WeChat colleagues now, too, thanks to GOSH2018, which made me very aware that google is not available everywhere…

Hello!

My name is Lorenzo Ci, I’m a film director, activist and facilitator, based in Florence, Italy. I came across this application and I read all the content on NGI website, trying to understand what’s the topic and how it relates to me. I think this is something that would be really in line with my experience so far, and this topic is one of the most important in my personal story.

I’ve been working with internet since I’m very small, I got my first computer when I was around nine years old and I think that my education and personal development was really influenced by the online environment, which is also why I work so easily with it. The fact that I’ve been using the internet since I was so young it’s one of the reasons why I deeply care about its future, I always thought that the openess and decentralization are the keys of its success and what makes it a valuable tool for collaboration and communication. When I was a teenager I’ve been endorsing my studies and practices collaborating on Wikipedia.org, with a national and international community, something that is now really rooted in my skills and which is also a great practice of openess and a great example of how online collaboration can offer many possibilities in individual lives. Also open source licenses and philosophy have always been one of my core values in what I do.

I have a very vast experience in onine community managing. I’ve been part, over the last decade, of different international networks, Roots & Routes International, Generation Europe, as well as local networks using online tools as well. With Roots & Routes, I’ve been managing community debates and online discussions between participants coming from different countries, encountering many problems but also winning lots of challenges that we had to face in order to keep the community together and work at distance. Working in online communities became always more important for me and I’ve been developing these skills through the creation of different inivitatives, which are still using online tools to create collaboration and participation.

For example, during the last 3-4 years I’ve been entering many active groups of citizens also at a local level, activist groups and grassroot initiatives which I’m facilitating. I worked with environmental groups such as “Mamme No Inceneritore” which is consisting of hundred of activists organizing themselves over social networks; I proposed over the last months a Transition Town in my area “Valdisieve in Transizione” which apart from meeting in real life is adopting several online tools to promote practical activities.

Since the last two months I’m also coordinating, on a volounteer level, the “Fridays For Future” group of students in Florence and connecting them to a network with all the organizations from Italy, in order to discuss the protests and the contents about climate change. This was an experience on how to manage a big group of people who I don’t personally know, and though it was hard, i’m trying to keep my facilitation tools and practices at their best, so to help the debate keeping the neutrality and originality of the discussion without manipulations. I’ve been training hard in defending the collective mind, I also can do it in debates in real life, but my tools are very useful also in online discussions.

All of my networks are more or less directly working on the topics of NGI, if some of them really rely on the internet and other less, the core values of this project can be reflected in all of them and I think that I could create a nice connection between these networks and this project. Mostly on the topics of openess, inclusivity, transparency and cooperation.

Personally this job could well fit my lifestyle, as I work as a freelancer I can arrange easily my schedule and follow the project without many problems, both for the online work and the physical events. I can mediate conflicts and I’m very good in helping with online platforms, I’ve been teaching a lot in school this kind of topics. I’m very fluent in English and Italian is my first language.

I hope I’m providing enough informations, you can find my CV here, is not so updated with everthing I do, because I had to make some selection and it’s hard to keep track of everything (it’s so much!) but you can find also some links of other works and communities I follow there. (I’ll update the experiences part with my last year by tomorrow morning…)

Thanks a lot for reading and considering my application! Hope that anyway this project will go very well as it is a really important topic and it’s really necessary to influence the policies to achieve a really good internet in the future.

Lorenzo

1 Like

What experiences have you had that are most related to the NGI mission? What stories can you share?

Let’s start with Edgeryders :slight_smile: I’ve been a participant on the ER platform since 2013. More recently, like Rachel, I attended LOTE 6, the Open Village Festival, and talked with most of you, so I’m not exactly an unknown quantity! Reflecting on the NGI Vision (as there isn’t an explicit “mission” page) I find myself right in the middle of almost everything, enthusiastic about many aspects of this work. So where to start?

I have a long history in bridging between the technology and the human dimension. My PhD crossed between human-computer interaction and artificial intelligence; since then I have continued to work between the realms of the human, the technical and the business, being fluent in each of the associated languages. My attitude all along has been to find ways of ensuring that the technology helps to open and develop the human potential, rather than restrict or constrain it, as it often sadly has.

My work in the development of open standards touches on openness and transparency, as well as this core theme of technology supporting people and their concerns. I’ve led the development of two technical interoperability projects: one in the UK, about e-portfolio information (“Leap2A”), and another European ICT Standardisation Expert team on representing skill and competence frameworks (“InLOC”). They are related to each other, and related both to “human potential, mobility and creativity” and to a “value-centric, human and inclusive Internet for all”. I have had my name recorded as a contributor to a few other technical interoperability standards.

In recent years I have immersed myself in several of the social networks in areas related to the NGI. As well as (internationally) Edgeryders, the P2P Foundation, and the Human Networks Convergence network, in the UK I have been involved face-to-face and over web-based platforms with groups such as: Cooperative Technologists (CoTech); the Collaborative Technology Alliance; the Digital Life Collective; and many related networks. I’ve interacted with many of these groups over Loomio, Discourse, and sometimes Slack, Riot and other forums. Last year I tried to be involved in the formalisation of governance of the social.coop Mastodon instance – part of what is often called the “fediverse” – and learned rather suddenly about some of the current challenges – from the points of view both of an individual user and a moderator – of interacting over that kind of setup. Thus I have a intensely keen and personal interest in helping people develop constructive approaches to dialogue where they do not have personal face-to-face interactions. One aspect of this is in facilitating online forum members to meet up “in real life”.

As a participant in online forums, I have notice time after time that I can contribute greatly to the quality of discussion and enquiry. I guess this comes from an attitude of openness, interest in others and their ideas, and being able to ask interesting and stimulating questions. My PhD work taught me, among other things, about the limitations of working alone, and the futility of believing that there is one answer. Work as a teacher and lecturer developed my initial presentation communication skills, but now I value good dialogue and collaboration most highly.

Consensus (or “consent-based”) governance and conflict resolution are areas where I have been particularly active in recent times. The cohousing community I live in has engaged with NVC and Restorative Circles as ways of addressing the inevitable conflicts arising in a largish, fairly diverse intentional community. This experience has given me so many insights into the challenges of openness, trust and resilience in human relationships, whether face-to-face or online. Developing my active listening skills has been a key part of this.

I am convinced that if we are to build the “Next Generation Internet”, we have to pay more attention to human values, human communication and human needs. As we deepen our understanding of the society that we want to create, will we be increasingly able to design and build the technical tools that will help towards a just and sustainable world.

Is your own network of colleagues and friends involved in technologies, issues, policies orgs or projects in harmony with the NGI mission where they have a deep interest and involvement that furthers one or more of the goals of the NGI mission such as openness, inclusivity, transparency, privacy, cooperation, and protection of data?

In as many online places as possible, I use the username “asimong”, so searching on that gives some idea of my “digital footprint”, the networks I am involved with, and where I have contributed.

As mentioned above, my cohousing community is keenly involved in working with strongly held values around sustainability, sharing and the future of the planet. It is governed by consensus.

I am a founding partner of a small worker co-op (Cetis LLP, also managed by consensus) that engages in consultancy, research and development in the broad area of learning technologies, and with that comes a lot of exposure to the issues of data protection and privacy (for learners), and openness and cooperation in terms of technology and standards development. My work with Cetis, since 2002, has resulted in a large network of contacts particularly in the field of learning technologies, where my special interests have been e-portfolios, skills and competences. I wrote a book on e-portfolios that was published in 2009.

See my CV at Simon Grant professional CV

4 Likes

Dear Noemi, I totally agree that, like so many things connecting topics and people is an balance act between potantial and realisation. Therefore it is so great that you set up the research project for 3 years from the start so that connections can not only be made but also explored and thought through to realise some of those potentials and that you recruit someone who facilitates making as well as exploring and deepening connections and discussions. I am always striving and training to find this balance, even within my own head, which means to face the anxiety as well as the compulsion with some disciplin but also emphathy and healthy humor from case to case. I can not boast that I have always found that balance, but I always try and I see a lot of value in doing so for myself as well as others. I would love to do so in this project as well :).

1 Like

I personally relate to the NGI mission through personal experiences as well as my studies and many of my former colleagues from the Information Experience Design program as well friends from other backgrounds are passionate, interested and in some cases involved with the relevant issues.

Originally I am from rather rural area which offered very little opportunities especially for young people to participate in cultural and political discussions and exchanges. This is the first reason I already very much appreciate the exploration of creating and using online platforms as a potent tool to create and develop a dialogue and values independent from the location of the participant. Since 2010, as mentioned in the previous post I, as many of our generation, especially those curious to explore and interact with other cultures and ideas adopted the “modern nomad lifestyle”. I have lived in different cities with very interesting cultural landscapes and encountered many very different people and situations. However, in a certain sense we “nomads” are often very much removed from long term political influence and participation, even as european citizens inside the european union. This is the second reason I very much approve of and would like to be part of the development of an crossborder dialogue and tool for ideation meant to lead to concrete development of an internet that has the characteristics of openness, inclusivity, transparency, privacy, cooperation, and protection of data that enable it to become a valid and constructive tool for cultural dialogue and political participation across borders.

I identify much more as an european than as a german citizen and was shocked when experiencing the brexit referendum while living in London. Even so I was “there” I, as many others could never deemed that outcome possible, since nobody in our circles and bubbles would have been in favour of Brexit. But it became everybody’s, ours, my reality. (I worked through this feeling of impossible parallel realities triggered by those unfortunate elections of 2016 for example with a sculpture drawing parallels between the many worlds theory of quantum physics and the effects of those elections (at least emotionally). The research for that piece let to very interesting discussions for example on using quantum computing for absolute secure and private election protocols. I am very interested in scientific and technological development and triggering ideas and speculations how to apply those i future and believe this is one example how speculation and creative exploration as well as interdisciplinary dialogue could trigger ideas and innovation.

How ever the main point regarding Brexit and Trump in this context is still that the Internet was very much used as a tool to create those realities, and that was possible because it lacks those characteristics NGI want to develop. 2016 shocked me deeply and personally by making me question my understanding of reality and Europe and I would love to be part of a project that thrives to develop the Next Generation Internet as a tool for constructive, inclusive exchange, participation and connection rather than intransparent control and division.

As mentioned, I worked on multiple projects with the helen hamlyn centre for design which during which I used speculative and inclusive design thinking to create interactions and discussions with challenging real users to develop innovative or thought provoking concepts, one of which included for example how to make digital information more accessible for elderly non yet tech savvy citizens through the inclusion of physical interaction points and “hacking” of everyday items.

Through my studies I am very familiar with the exploration of new technologies for meaningful communication and have personally always especially emphasised the connection of digital and physical interaction and experiences. I discussed the notions like “human digital vs Digital Humans”, emergent behavior, communication theories their importance in an Information Society and alternative and speculative approaches with my peers in the “Information Experience Program” at the RCA in depth as such discussions and explorations are at the core of the programm.

I am also familiar with the concept of speculative design to explore futures as established by Dune and Raby at the RCA. Their PPPP diagramm (Possible, Plausibele, Probable, Preferable futures) was a integral part of dissertation “Blending Layers, Shifting Views”.

Many of my colleagues from the IED programm are very passionate and interested and some of the actively exploring issues of AI, inclusiveness or privacy.

My older friends have a rather diverse background and add perspectives from tech , physics, ethnography or civil service to such discussions.

In conclusion, I think this would be a good connection to make and deepen :).

2 Likes

Hello @johncoate, my name is Zuzanna and I am fluent in English and Polish.
I meet all the requirements of the NGI Forward project. I graduated sociology and worked as a digital manager for over 7 years, in online research and in b2c industry. I have been responsible for building and maintaining a couple of online communities.

I have experience the power and benefits of the Internet in its more human-centric version. I would love to take part in creating an internet of human values.The Internet that is open, inclusive and allow to cooparate is the Internet that helped me get though very difficult time in my life. I gain a lot from being a part of online communities for single moms, from having online access to knowledge, online cources and experience of other people with similar life-stories, and from possibility to receive emotional support from all over the world.
Yes, my network of colleagues and friends include people who are involved in technologies and ngo’s projects. The have interest in openness, inclusivity and cooperation.

Now I am a single mother of 2 on parental leave, looking for a part time job that will give me the fulfillment and sense of mission. I am interested in permaculture, building self sufficient environment, vegan cooking, growing your own food, recykling and upcykling. Now I explore ideas of slow life and zero waste.

You can find my resume here.

Regards!

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Edgeryders Seeks to Hire 4 Part-Time Community Managers for a 3 Year Project:

Hello John, Edgeryders team,

My name is Charles. I am a service designer and digital transformation consultant based in Italy. I speak English and Italian.

I think the NGI project is quite interesting and have followed developments especially the LEDGER project popularized by Rob Van Kranenburg. My interests are in the area of IoT & Embedded Device Design, Fourth Industrial Revolution, 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, user experience for emerging technologies.

Why? I think that technology is a combination of human, physical and societal constructs. The multidisciplinary nature is what excites me about the hybrid design-technology space that I thrive in and so fits into the Edgeryders project on understanding the motivation and needs of citizens to drive policy for the Next Generation Internet.

In the past, I have consulted for ITU (Geneva) working on designing the web of things curriculum with focus on design and programming. Also with Packt (India)/Udemy on research/content for Autonomous Vehicle Technology focusing on Perception for AVs. Safi Analytics (USA/Kenya) on smart factory policies. Visiting lecturer at Barcelona Technology School, Masters in Digital Transformation.

I have been a part learning communities and professional forums most notably the EU internet of things Council by Rob Van Kranenburg and IDF. I have curated the blog for service design network in the UK, as well as community manager for UXers Forum on LinkedIn. I write regularly with a column on www.internetofallthings.com. I speak and facilitate workshops around Europe. For Instance the IoT Day events, EU Code week. I have also in the past managed distributed teams across geographies using online platforms and productivity tools such as Skype, Slack and Dropbox. With also managing Whatsapp group conversations for my team.

In its simplest form, I understand that conversations and participation is necessary to move ideas forward and giving people the agency to participate is paramount. I understand that inclusion in the NGI is about enabling an internet where everyone can participate and thrive and trust and feel secured.

Recently, I facilitated a workshop for students from the Catalan region as part of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Over 2 days, we designed the future of communication. It is not the amazing solutions or talent of the students that stood out for me and many others but the conversation at every step which tends to skew the assumptions we had on privacy and trust. To quote,’’ Privacy is mine and what I make of it. I own the process and the policy’’.

Enabling conversation is a skill that as a designer, I have come to terms with over the years. Probing, framing/reframing and asking questions without interference and this skill will be important in facilitating an online community.

On the sidelines, I have had event cameos with notable experts such as Rob Van Kranenburg, Antonio Grasso, Luigi Atzori and Nesta (UK & Italy), all involved in the NGI project in various capacities. You can view my CV here: curriculum vitae (1).pdf - Google Drive. And I look forward to the conversation.

1 Like

Good morning. I would like to be considered for the online community manager position for the NGI project.
My education includes a bachelor’s degree in Intercultural and linguistic mediation and a master’s in European and International studies, where I also studied courses in social media along with completing an internship in order to gain practical experience.

I have worked in this industry for around two years now and understand the need for any organization with a social media presence to have a community management support. My computer skills are considered to be at an expert level and I am experienced in working with all of the social media sites that are trending at this time.

Not only have I been actively involved in the community management of social platforms for the organizations I have been working for, but in my current position in the Audience Development department at Deutsche Welle, the German public broadcasting organization, I actively organize workshops, communities of practices and masterclasses for editors and journalists approaching the social world; among these my latest were how to deal with online hate speech and one on correct community management on Facebook.

I have great communication skills, both verbal and written, which is needed when making posts that are relevant to the project and which need to draw the attention of potential customers in just a few words. Many social media sites have limitations on how many characters can be used so it is important to be brief and to the point when promoting the company.

From monitoring trends and analyzing metrics to driving brand awareness and increasing SEO, my expertise can be leveraged to enable successful community management strategies. I excel at leading efficient and productive teams and implementing forward-thinking initiatives and campaigns to create and sustain revenue growth. I know and understand the contest rules for all social media sites and always stick to them.

Furthermore, I possess other desirable skills such as the knowledge of Italian and English (mothertongue level), French (advanced) and German (basic) and the availability for multiple hours as starting from May 2019 I will be involved in a project that will require me to be employed only 3 days a week.

If you would like to further discuss my experience with social media and what I can bring to your company, do not hesitate to contact me.
Attached here you will find my resume for your convenience and perusal.

Best regards,

Erika Marzano

1 Like

Hello John,

my name is Irene Fazio, Italian mother tongue, speak fluent English and French.

I am an enthusiastic and certified Project manager as well a skilled copywriter and SWM expert. I have been managing on a large basis of projects and communities, with different Italian and European associations, companies and start-ups supporting people and new projects, such as being their voice, building brand awareness and confidence in particular in the framework of European Youth policies.

I was involved in Edgeryders community as beta tester in 2011 and I participated at the first lote conference in Strasburg in May 2012 as media volunteer. Then I always following with a big interest the brilliant evolution of the community, their new projects and goals.

I would love the opportunity to be one of the Community manager supporting NGI project and his key priorities, setting up a participative community, sharing experiences and strengthening the value of Internet as a positive and transparent tool. It definitely is an excellent opportunity that could unlock the hidden potential of a next generation of users: to become a vibrant Open Internet movement that really links research, policy, and society.

This idea is very close to the philosophy of Open Schools "Scuole Aperte", an innovative local Public Administration project where I was in charge as an expert in Policy Mainstreaming and scouting for educational best practice in the Campania Region and also at the “OpenPompei” a civic monitoring project about open data that was for me a brief but really powerful experience.

Here you can find my online CV

I’m available for more info e details.

I wish you a good day
Irene

2 Likes

Hi,

Jason here.

I am currently an associate of the Association of Progressive Young African (APYA) and founder of #SayTheirNames, a website project (under development)… set up as a repository and memorial to record the number of deaths and discrimination of and against transgender women of colour.

I produce and curate several online newsletters of issues relating to migration, LGBT rights, and ethnic minorities as well as the APYA and International Artists Network Facebook groups. I am also an active member of the email network, British Black and Asian Studies Association (BASA).

In any event, and as you can now understand, I use the internet a lot in my work, for networking purposes, collaborative projects, information sharing, campaigning, providing opportunities, and project planning and development.

I believe the internet to be a key tool in driving forward social change.

For example, we use the APYA website to provide learning opportunities and resources to inspire and equip the next generation of young Africans to effect positive, person-centred, and local change.

This, IMHO, is how I believe Berners-Lee and others, originally intended the interwebz to be used.

1 Like

One thing I should add: I am now willing to relocate to Belgium to be able to collaborate more closely with colleagues in Brussels.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m Krzysiek (Chris) from Poland and I’m very interested and motivated to be a part of this project.

Internet (or broader: new media) is both my work and passion and I want to be a part of some bigger related initiative.

I dedicated my doctoral studies to explore mechanisms of media in digital space. My PhD thesis is about internet memes - phenomenon that changed the way of online communication. I explore it from cultural and social perspective.

One of the things that’s bothering me is the question of fake news - which is connected with memes. It’s terrifying and fascinating at the same time, that people are so willing to spread anything they see, without verification. Sometimes it’s just funny stuff, but memes can be used, for example, as a tool of online propaganda (even NATO have some publications about it). One of my goals is to find a way (mainly by educating users, but maybe also some online tool) to prevent this phenomenon without establishing online censorship.

Very important questions in Internet nowadays are safety and privacy. In my personal opinion concentration of power and knowledge about users’ preferences in hands of few companies (we all know, which ones) is very dangerous and we are not very far from visions showed in “Black Mirror”. Internet was thought as decentralized space and should envelope in this way. Today, if you want to be really safe online, you shouldn’t have account on any social media (or have fake ones), use VPN and have dedicated hardware just to do online payments. I find it slightly paranoid.

I’ m familiar with scientific literature (e.g. Limor Shifman, Paul Levinson, Lev Manovich), but I’m also practician: I worked as an editor in few websites, I also taught students about online journalism.

I’m interested in operating systems (currently exploring different Linux distributions) and IOT.

As former academic teacher I’m good at managing communities (also online).

I also have many friends among found scientists interested in digital media, digital culture, online discourses, etc.

My CV is available here.

Also, I would like to ask, is the exact date of April training already known? I’m a young father of a 6-months old son and must plan journey (and absence in my current job) in advance.

Regards
Krzysiek

2 Likes

We are doing our training April 8-9.

1 Like

Great! Suits me perfectly. Thank you very much for information.

Hi, I am Agnieszka and I am currently working as a part-time communications officer on another Horizon2020 project. I am looking for additional employment opportunities so working 20% on the Next Generation Internet would suit me well. I am a Polish native speaker, I am fluent in English and I have a working knowledge of French. I have a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Communications, master’s degree in Sociology and a strong interest in how on-line technologies influence and change our lives.

On the other hand, as a communications professional I am able to write clearly, interact with others in a constructive way, maintain civil discussions and manage conflicts. My current and previous jobs provided me with an extensive experience in managing social media profiles for various organisations and opportunities to lead on communication activities and implement digital tools. However, as a “digital native” I am also using on-line communities (such as Facebook groups and forums) in my private life. During my previous professional assignements I also had an opportunity to work on issues related to open science, open innovation and participate in civic consulatations and campaigns, which may be relevant for this project.

I include the link to my LinkedIn profile, where you can find my CV Agnieszka Pietruczuk - Communications Consultant - ARCTIK - Communication for Sustainability | LinkedIn but don’t hesitate to contact me if you need more information!

1 Like

I’m wondering – great to see the amazingly varied talents of people coming up here! – how much scope there is for collaboration between us to best serve the NGI communities? Some of us have much more experience than others in some relevant areas of expertise, and there are others who undoubtedly have better language skills than I have (though I can get by in Italian OK, and have reasonable understanding of French and German)? When I try to imagine how this might work, I don’t see it as four people independently managing the online spaces, and indeed I see team work implied strongly in the invitation, as the word “team” comes up more than once. So, rather than looking for four people each of whom have a complete skill set, would it be more effective and fruitful to look for four people who between them cover the required languages (that’s obviously an essential) but most strongly, ones who both complement each other, and get on really well as a team?

I see this as a theme coming up time and time again. To be really effective in any interesting, generative role, it seems to me vital that we act collectively in rapport with our other team members. Richard Bartlett has written extensively about “microsolidarity”; Ria Baeck has written an amazing book on “Collective Presencing”, and we have examples like Percolab and Enspiral, as well as Edgeryders. So can we bring this kind of consideration into the selection process? Sure, it will be more demanding to assess how well people will fit together as a functioning team, but my guess is that any effort towards this will be very well rewarded in terms of the outcomes, both for the project and on a personal level for the people involved.

Does that make sense? Is it practical? And, any thoughts from others?

2 Likes

Hey, I am taking back my application, I wish you all the best with your new team!

Best regards

Louis Fellbom

2 Likes

Simon that is quite an interesting idea. The budget for this wok is pretty limited though, so spreading it like that makes a smaller amount for each.