Form Storm

London

So, can we pencil a date for a Form Storm/General get together? I’m voting 30th Nov - 1st Dec. In London.

@fortyfoxes can we do this at Somerset House? Do you want to merge with your others plans (I know we’ve discussed offline but felt like it made sense to bring it onto this thread for expanded discussion).

@k you going to come to London? @ilariadauria is going to be in London during this period and we’d planned to work together on unMonastery with
@la_gaia so feels like a good fit. I’m happy to structure a bunch of stuff around unMonastery, particularly a number of applications we wish to make.

Plan for those not planning to travel to London, others self organise where there’s a small mass of individuals in any given place, we have 2 google hangouts setup for different areas of focus between cities projected into the spaces - I’d be excited to see if it’s possible to run a workshop with multiple people on both sides in different cities.

Next steps?

Ok yeah, One in Brussels too

I know [guaka] is interested in exploring funding for a hitchgathering in France next year and Louise Hain is in Brussels too. Also [Alberto] is here so we can do a nice little gathering here. If someone wants to join us we have a guest room availalable that sleeps two people. Also, [Thanasis] in Greece wants to collaborate around the Horison 2020 applications as well as at least two more people I met in Vilnius and can loop into the conversation.

Distributed FormStorm

I think FormStorms might come in different flavours:

-Official Real Life FormStorm

-Official offline/online FormStorm

• and unofficial versions/tests

How about the offline/online Official or the unOfficial One on the 30nov-1dec, then the Official Great Real Life FormStorm about a week-5 days before dec the 11th? (or the 9th, because I’ve heard something about the deadline on the 9th, but it is a different one from the SocInnov EU competition which is dec the 11th, as far as I remember)

Lets talk possible locations for the Great Real Life FormStorm in the FormStorm general pad. Have a look and make suggestions. @k11 is not going UK because Kafkian hassle, but anywhere in the EU will be great. We also suggested that not to do it in Matera, because we thought a more neutral space will be more appropriate and we want it closer to the international airport ideally with no long bus journeys involved. For example Berlin, or near Berlin sounds good. Looking for an appropriate comfortable space in the hood (please check FormStorm pad)

But all above is optional and can be changed.

Speaking of the unOfficial ones -I think more we test storms the better the Official Great One will be. There is a lot of stuff to test and prototype, specially for the online ones: tools (not to little not to many), number of people, time management&facilitation, sound quality, sound quality, sound quality, screen sharing on GoogleHangouts and more.

I have a hangout sign language on my wishlist: when the sounds cuts off the speaker or the listeners can show something with their hands to signify that there is no sound or the sound is crap, without typing it into the chat. First of all because its annoying to switch between the chat and the video on the mobile devices, secondly because the chat ges interupted with the rant about not hearing anything or hearing too much. Its a distraction.

Apart from that I have othr things on a wishlist, I’ll write it down and share before I get carried away in this comment which should be about fixing dates and locations.

For an Official Online FormStorm @aden and I can try to do it from either the HUB CPH, if they will find it fun, or from the friendly space in Malmo run by very edgerydery people called The Friendly (offering me an office space with giant cushions). I will find out about HUB cph. The Friendly Grupen are totally up for it: they have a projector and can join as FormStormers with the funds they were planning to storm.

There are other places in Malmo and Copenhagen which can be good for an Official Distributed offline/online FormStorm.

Synthethise 1 event to get us going

Obviously, ideas are not lacking :slight_smile: and everything sounds good in theory.

My suggestion: if we want to do something before the social innovation competition, whose deadline is in 3 weeks! we need to focus on 1 event (we can detail how formal it will be in the writeup) and announce it properly in your new FormStorm group: WHAT, WHY, WHO, WHERE, WHEN (kind of like a press release?) otherwise we dont know who’s doing what and how can the rest of us help (?). If we can’t organize it physically, we can do it online - semi private with only people registered having access to each other’s applications right?

And then we could roll out a simple registration procedure by which people can let us know if they’re coming and what they’d like to work on - could simply ask them to leave a comment to the post. Aggregate everything into a short summary before the event and there you have it.

Unless it’s clear and all in 1 place I don’t even know how to communicate it outwards, who to invite, where etc :expressionless:

I can put in 1-2 hours today or tomorrow to help with writeup, if you need me.

Joining the Popplet

Hi…can I please be added to the popplet as a collaborator?

When were you planning on having the next ‘hangout’?

Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines…

Funny thing with forms, it seems as though they duplicate themselves: you’re on one, then suddenly another one pops us and wants the same stuff, but in another format.

With Edgeryders, there are 2 ongoing applications:

• 9th of December: CheFare
  • 11th of December: Eu Social Innovation (unMonastery in-a-box) 

More will be coming up with the EU programs starting in 2014 :slight_smile:

aha! the 9th of December is the CheFare

I heard about one of the deadlines “The Nineth” but wasn’t sure what it is.

Is CheFare part of FormStorm? If so, and if you have a minute to write a couple of sentences in the FormStorm Wiki will be cool. For example corresponding projects&people + needs and problems.

Notes from first formstorm google hangout are now online!

I have shared the notes as a post in the formstorm group so that we have a nice, clean post that we can link a call to action to.
Next, I intend to break that post down into taska and assign them to the people who agreed to take responsibility for making them happen.
And in each task description I will post resources we have already worked on to make that person's life a bit easier :)
1 Like

Thanx, that helps to get to The Read Before FormStorm Instruction&Code of Conduct. I’m doing write-ups