GTF Berlin 08 - Daniela [EN]

What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy? your meaning?

Yeah, I think going into the discussion, going into the pre-development and the and yeah, in the general in the development also working together with the supply chain to, to come up with solutions, talk about it, but also act and implement it in serious production. Yeah.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics when you share a car, for example, GPS or.

Um, not that much, no. I try to decline everything that is possible to reduce the data I produce, but I would say especially here in Germany, they are regulations and in general I trust them. Yes.

And electronics in general.

Of course, I have some issues with some brands or also probably where the regulation where the home country of this brand is, who are different than from my point of view, then I probably have more issues. But I also have the possibility to choose what I want to buy and watch brands behind that. Yeah.

Um, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes. Yes.

Could you explain, please?

Yeah. So recycling, I would say it’s really bringing back the materials into the loop and reusing is a part that I have. For example, I don’t know, my mobile phone probably. Um, yeah, rework it and use it a second time. So the same part using probably in a different use case. But yeah, extend the, the lifetime.

On a scale 1 to 5 one means not at all concerned and five extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution? Yes.

So I think after these days, especially the first, uh, first topic we had, I would say four. I think it’s an important topic and we have to work on it. But I would also say that they are still a lot of opportunities, So I’m more the optimistic person. So I would probably correct it a little bit to a three.

Uh, what if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

So yeah, I think I work on it daily at work, but I also try to include it in my daily life. I try to not influence but inform people in my surrounding that they probably also get aware and work on it.

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect environment?

Yeah, so I also heard it now I would say yeah, everybody has of course a big impact. Everybody can choose daily what they buy, what they consume, where they go, how they go there. Um, but I wouldn’t say that they have the biggest impact. The big impact of course, have bigger industries, but of course it’s like the you have the possibility what you buy and the the companies have to adapt to it. So you see it with the vegan lifestyle, especially here in Germany, if you don’t buy meat, but vegan alternatives, they will extend. And I guess it’s the same in the sustainability field.

Uh, do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

I think it’s more an international issue because a lot of industry have to work together. They have to build it up. And I think it’s it’s hard on an individual level to implement it. It’s really. Yeah. Confused, like, yeah, construction. Everybody has.

What do you think? How could the circular economy be successfully implemented?

Yeah, that’s difficult. How can it be implemented? Yeah, I think there there has to be more research, more solutions. I think it’s at this point it’s more on. Yeah, we we need it, but we don’t know how we can do it. So more solution has to be found. And then the best one included.