GTF Berlin 12 - George [EN]

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

That’s a good question as well. Back in the days, I thought that individuals can solve everything. But I think that’s I think the shift from I think it’s an excuse for the politicians to to to say, ah, it’s you as an individual. You can save the world and you need to do. Usually if everyone lives a good life, then we we don’t need to worry. But I think then it only means that politicians are kind of lazy because they, even if I live, live really sustainable and and make everything right, if if the other stone, then the planet will will still be in trouble, you know? So I think people should be more engaged with politicians should become politicians, should think about politicians should be interested in politics. I mean, it doesn’t. Yeah, maybe I won’t take the next flight to Asia or whatever, but in the big scheme of things, that’s that doesn’t make such a big difference. So the framework comes from politicians and the framework should apply to all of us. That would be the law ideally, and there wouldn’t be exceptions. And then you can collectively be more sustainable or have a more positive impact, which doesn’t mean that you should necessarily that I should just say, ah, um, I don’t care about anything at all and I should just throw my waste on the ground. That’s not good either. But, but I think I can’t think 24/7 about making sustainable life choices. That’s it’s too, too much to process. You know, you have to have a job. You have to have a family and friends and whatever, a life.

Do you see the circular economy as local or national or international issue?

um, boop, boop, boop. All of it, I would say. Um, but yeah, as I said before, if. If. If you think about circular economy, just from from a city point of view or from a state point of view, then not much because we are so interconnected. As I said, the lithium and all the stuff that that should come from Bangladesh. I guess this stuff in the laptop comes from somewhere. So it needs to be it needs to be, um, you need to think in a global way internationally.

Okay. Thank you very much.

coded