GTF Berlin 17 - Jacqueline [EN]

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy than regular cars?

I think I’m not an expert enough to answer this question, but it depends. It depends on the process, because we have all to set it up together. And I think also, like the old car can can be integrated good in the circular economy, but also, of course, the new ones, electric cars. But the thing is, I have a friend who’s working also in recycling industry and I think we all need education because she also says like plastic is not at all like a bad material. It’s just what we do with it. And it’s especially good for recycling reasons. Better to like cut down all the trees and just reuse it from forest. So if we educate each other better on this process, what do we do with our things? Then I think we can all gain a benefit out of it.

When can the automotive industry do or what can the automotive industry do to promote circular economy? What do you think?

I can repeat myself. I think education is the most important thing because there’s a lot of rumors coming in with like, okay, but we need a lot of materials for already for the battery production. So this is bad anyway, so I can drive my car and just fuel it with what we have already. I think a lot of like people education would help not in the industry level, not in the companies, go out in the social life, try to educate people on an easy, easy, understandable and also fun way to make saving environment fun.

What do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example? Gps?

No, but maybe it’s a thing of generation, because I think we if we want to keep up with the business worldwide, especially out of Germany, we need to not see sharing data as a fraud. We need to see it like, yes, be protective and it’s important, but we also need to data to to invent things to get better. It’s kind of a currency and we should treat it like a currency because without sharing data, we we will be overruled by other countries or industries and it cannot keep up with trends.

And for example, GPS in a car. What do you think about it when your car is reused or you sell it? There are some concerns.

no, no, not really, because our networking app, as I mentioned before, Chance, is also using GPS because we are doing real life matching. And I think this is really important to to deal with this data. Also GPS data, because this shows where people are going, what we are doing. And I mean, if it’s protected and we also protect it, it’s really a high safety level, then why not using it?

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes. Ah recycling for me would be to bring already produced things back into the circle. So circular economy and do something new out of it. Reusing is just like you have a product and use it for something else until it’s broken. Like I give you my car and the next car and the next car. I think these are two different things. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Absolutely. Five Because that’s why we are here on the GreenTech Festival. We all try and do our best, but on the other hand, I’m now have to drink my coffee out of a paper cup. So I think it’s yeah, we try, but we try not enough. But there are a lot of circumstances from politics. Government, from big and big companies have to have to guide the ways for us individuals to make it easier.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

I’m really trying to eat no meat, so I would not say I’m a vegetarian or vegan because my grandmother is cooking really good. So at least therefore. So I try to eat as less meat I can do. I try to. Yeah. Buy things where I know or try to educate myself about recycling because before I knew from my friend that plastic is per se not like that bad. I try to be more educated on what is good or what is bad. How can recycle things? Where can you take the train? But here again, train high price versus car. Not like really reliable. So time consuming. Um, but I think we have to yeah, question every every step we do, Is there a better way. Yeah. And what is the trade off? If we are aware of the trade off, you are at least aware.

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment? In your opinion?

How much possibilities? I think a lot.

And how much responsibility.

Everyone has has 100% responsibility. I also saw a module over there where people can decide who’s responsible for trash, like I think politics, government, individuals or and something else. And totally every individual has to has to look after her or him how to deal with with the world.

Okay. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

Ah all three. I think we need on every kind of level and instance who’s like guiding and doing the way. Um. It’s every level. Every level has to keep up. But we need the guidance. We need the rules, but also need space for every individual to create kind of an own and better rule, maybe.