GTF Berlin 26 - Norbert [EN]

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular cars?

I don’t know.

Your opinion. What do you think?

Can you repeat again?

are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy than the normal cars without much electronics?

I think the the truth lays in the middle. Yeah, it depends on the on the on the electric components. How how they build. I mean, the problem is when companies building the mindset is still let’s make it, let’s make it not reusable because then we’re selling more new stuff. And this is, this is the mindset which needs. But the government started to to regulate as well the the iPhones and the mobile phones that you have like a universal plug. This is exactly the way how it should go and not always like re reinventing the way how you charge your phone. Yeah and just to sell more cables in the end.

Yeah. What can the automotive industry do to promote circular economy, in your opinion.

By producing better cars which are supporting the circular economy, period.

Do you have any concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example, in a GPS?

Me personally, not because I’m I’m very open with my data.

And does recycling and reusing mean different things to you.

Recycling and reusing? Yes, reusing is stronger than recycling. I think the recycling comes back to our to our point, we rather reuse than recycle because recycle is still again producing something new. And if you’re kind of like reusing, you have yeah, you’re, you’re working with this specific element and use it for certain time and or more time than, than always getting a new new new thing. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

5 Because we are like walking on the edge of of of climate change in a very bad way and we are not acting fast enough. That’s that’s the problem. Yeah. And in all levels. Yeah. I mean we’re talking about we’re seeing on a daily basis how nature is striking back right now. But we’re not doing we are not doing enough. Yeah. I mean you see this in Germany or in Europe with the with the whole development of of energy and so on. Yeah. So it’s a very difficult situation.

One of last questions. What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability.

Owning and pushing my own business, which is sustainable business, of course. Yeah. And trying to educate people as much as possible to live healthier and more sustainable.

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

said again.

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment ?

100 procent. Every customer or every individual has the potential to change. It’s just a question of how, how, how strongly do you really want it? And and which is also meaning that some some convenience needs to be left as well.