HELLO! I'm Samantha, a new researcher from the University of Turin working on Sustainable Cities and Digital Participation

I am available, kind of.

Thanks! If you have a free slot, we could arrange a call on Thursday 15 or next week (except Monday 19)

Works for me. I am flexible this week, except probably being absent Thu Dec 22 afternoon. So if you or Alberto let me know a proposed time, I can join a call and answer some of the more technical questions related to Open Ethnographer.

If nothing else works, we can also split the call into a technical one with me, and a more research focused one with Alberto.

Thanks! So, @alberto and @matthias we could do Friday morning, 11-12?

For me, yes. Can you set up a link, or even better send a calendar invitation?

here’s the link: Impossibile trovare la pagina

Works for me as well.

@alberto, the invite e-mail you sent today says “Thursday Dec 22, 11:00–12:00”. Is that intentionally not Friday which Samantha proposed? Anything works for me, we just should agree on the same time :slight_smile:

Also, while I can try the Webex meeting link Samantha shared, not sure it will work under Linux. Never tried, chance is about 50/50. We might have to switch to Zoom or Google Meet.

No, not intentional. I cannot do Friday, though… maybe the two of you can go ahead on friday?

No, not intentionally. I can do Thursday, but not Friday. For now I moved it to Friday, so the two of you can go ahead. If tomorrow is also OK for Samantha, we can switch it back.

I created a Zoom meeting and put it in the calendar invite. Heads up: it is for Friday. If we move it to tomorrow, we need to log into our account and edit it, or we will not be able to enter it at all.

Sorry, I haven’t read these messages, I got sick. @matthias, if you’re still available, ok for Zoom in 10 minutes, thanks!

what was the state of readiness/completion of the training posted here https://academy.edgeryders.eu/ ping @matteo_uguzzoni ?

For context, my call with Samantha actually happened and from what I heard she has a good grasp on the Open Ethnographer tool now but would like additional instructions from @hugi (Graphryder 2.0) and @alberto (evaluation, research questions).

From just taking a look: the site looks great and finished, but we’d have to fix a few issues and make a few updates to use it as current training material. Mostly:

In short, the Graphryder and Open Ethnographer trainings may deserve new videos.

1 Like

And for @samantha.cenere: here’s the promised link to the map of our discussion themes.

This list of themes does not include newer content (2018 and newer). But it may still help you navigate to urban sustainability related topics of interest.

1 Like

Happy to help, @samantha.cenere .

More than that, we reduced our Vimeo account.

This would be a nice idea, especially because I am getting requests like Samantha’s…

Hi Matthias! I’ve been trying to use the map to navigate the conversations, but each time I click on one of the themes from the list ‘Show naviagtion’ it leads me to a page with an error message ( Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private)

You found a bug :bug: in Discourse! Fixed it. Try again please! :slight_smile:

Now, it works :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

In my explorations, I realised that there’s a lot regarding food and how to transform the food system at a local level. Could be interesting for me, I’m thinking about exploring this topic through SSNA. Looking around on Open Ethnographer I discovered that some codes on food-related issues were already created (mainly by Amelia). The coding was made to implement SSNA on the topic? In other words, the topic has been already explored through SSNA? @alberto @matthias

I doubt it, or at least not specifically. I guess @amelia was, at the time, working on OpenCare. Nutrition affects health big time, and I can remember several projects that were targeting food to influence health.