IARC 2023 Transcripts - 12 GIO

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy or to make the changes that it happened?

I think not so much. They are all talking about, but really doing at least me as a consumer, I don’t I don’t see anything very important in this.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in the electronics, in cars or generally?

No, absolutely not. I gave you an example here in Europe. Data protection is very important. I’m half of of the year. I’m in Dubai and Dubai. Wherever you walk, every 20m is a camera. The result is they have absolutely no criminality. And for me, it doesn’t matter. Anyone can watch where I’m walking around. I have nothing to hide. I prefer everybody knows where I am, at what time I do what I do, rather than to to to have to be afraid about criminal acts.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yeah, of course. Recycling is one thing, and then reusing with recycled material is another. So as an example, uh, Evian is now filling up the water into recycled material, uh, plastic bottles, pet bottles. I think this is a very good thing. Yeah, of course.

And what is reusing?

Reusing is. Is. Yeah. Reuse this bottle. Or, for example, plastic they make today. They make beautiful carpets. Well, this is reusing for me. Okay.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

I am very concerned. Five, five, five. Yeah. Because again, I see when I’m I’m on the sea, I see so many trash swimming in the water. I also see. Especially in Asian countries, anywhere you look around, even in in in the land, you see trash everywhere. Everywhere. And this is really not nice.

Uh, what, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

When? When I’m on a beach, for example, I collect the. The trash and I bring it to the guard to make him feeling he should not only watch people, but also check whether the beach is clean or not.

Um, what do you think? How much responsibility should everybody, each individual, have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

You mean you mean examples?

what do you think about should what should every person or every individual do?

Oh, there are so many things to do. When when I hear that people is purchasing clothes they do not even wear once or only one times. And when they throw it away. I think this is horrible. This should not happen.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

It’s an international issue, of course. Of course. Because the whole world is is is is faced to that problem. It’s it cannot be only local. It’s not possible.

Okay. Thank you very much.

You’re welcome.