IARC 2023 Transcripts - 18 JUL

It’s not young?

I think it was built in 2017. Yeah.

What is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about electronics in a car?

Um, electronics? Yeah. I mean, in the modern world, it’s more and more electronics in our car. And. And I think that this, this is also a good way to, to find your, your next path to, to the, to the destination you want to go in. And of course, it brings some difficulties in in the recycling industry as well because all the different cables and electronics has to be recycled. But I think there will be a solution for that as well. And I think it’s a positive way and we have to find a solution for that. Yeah.

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy than regular old cars?

I mean, if you have cars, including electronics, there are more parts inside the car which are and mostly there are some small amounts of of different types of metals and different types of plastics and etcetera. So I think it’s it’s harder. to, to, to Use that in circular economy as an older car. But there will be some ways that that we can also use that in that sense.

What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy, in your opinion?

That’s a good question. I mean, to promote it, they can they can look that that they use also a parts from a metals from from circular economy and and and plastics. And I think there is a big change happening in the minds of of the people and they are looking for for for cars which are a certain percentage of of reused metals or reused material. And and I think the automotive industry has to to to do their best to to get into the spot and and provide that.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in car electronics or in electronics generally?

I mean, yeah, the there is the concern that that every GPS data that the government or or some companies know where you go and and can place their advertising based on your locations you visit etcetera. But yeah I think we we have to live with that. I mean, it’s a big concern for the future, but I think there will hardly be any way around that.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yeah, So, so reusing, I would say is, is to have the product and, and use it again for the same task or use it again for a different task. And recycling means for me to, to separate all the individual parts of the product and re reuse certain parts in certain different locations or parts. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution

right now I think it’s it’s one was the least concerned or.

Not concerned, five extremely.

Ah. Okay.

Five extremely.

Yeah. I think I will be somewhere between 3 and 4 because if you watched some documentaries and some videos, you see the the whole pollution over the world. But I think the there will be a solution for that. But right now it it lacks of of interest in from the government and from from organization to to to to do it and and to to bring the solutions on. But there will be a solution for that. And we do have to to think of these solutions.

Do you have any actions in your life to promote sustainability?

I think one one part is my job as a sales engineer for for for all these types of sorting machines which which are have a positive impact in circular economy. And also if I’m talking with friends or with family, I’m also very supporting this, this idea of of circular economy and, and supporting, not buying everything new but buying reused products or for example. Yeah.