IARC 2023 Transcripts - 22 MAT

What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

I think what they do is and they are already doing that, I mean, they are putting used and renovated parts into their assortment, which which is great. And again, I mean, they are they are switching to electric cars. They are doing basically everything they can to to to follow the rules that that are implemented. So in my mind, they are doing more than most of other industries.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in a car electronics like GPS?

No, no, it’s actually. Very good question because that’s one of the things that we love, because, you know, today if you take an old car today, you can basically buy the papers of a crashed car and you can borrow another car. That is the same. You can cross borders and you can bring it another identity back that is going to stop completely because the cars are going to have so much identity. So they are basically going to be impossible to steal them and change the identity. So so we are looking we are looking really forward to having this change because that’s going to make our business a lot easier.

How is it if this car electronics should be reused in in other car or from other persons?

Yeah, that’s also an interesting question because like like I said, we are not only using working with reusing, we are also working a lot with repurposing. And that’s the same thing there. I mean, you can technically take the battery for energy storing, you can take the engines to have any boat and all that. So so we are looking a lot into to, to repurpose the things that we have in the car. So yeah.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yeah, definitely. Definitely. Recycling is, is what we call the end of the line. That’s why you shred things. That’s what I said about the shark. That’s when you’re throwing it back into the water. So, so reusing and repurposing is when you use a part that is already produced and you don’t reproduce it. So it’s a completely different meaning for me.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution? Oh.

Well, I don’t want to say five, so I leave it at a four. But but obviously it’s a major concern for anyone that is in any business, to be honest. I mean, we are we are really we’re really not taking care of the earth that was given to us. It goes from everything to fishing to to waste and to everything. So I’m certainly concerned, really concerned.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote the sustainability?

Well, I’m working very hard to build out. So so I think that’s that’s a good start. But again, I mean, I’m I’m trying not to to to to use more than I need. I shouldn’t say that I’m the best in the world, but but at least I’m thinking about it. And we are, we are. I mean, we are living in Sweden, so we are really good at at sorting waste and doing all that.

what do you think? How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

Well, I wish I wish the humankind could see what’s going on and take that responsibility because it’s but I think we are all humans. So unfortunately, it will not happen. But I think the earth is going to tell us sooner or later that we have to do it. And that’s when you wake up and do it. But I think we all have that responsibility. I mean, the only way of changing it is if everyone is changing. It doesn’t help if if 5% of us are the good, we have to do that. But I think we need a little kick in the ass to get it done, to be honest.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

No, it’s a global issue. And it’s like we see, you know, I was talking to to car manufacturers from the other side of the world. And I mean, it’s a global issue. I think everyone got that point. Yeah, I really think so.

Thank you very much.