Internetdagarna interviews - introduction by nymagnum

Tell us about yourself? What are you working on and why are you at Internetdagarna?

I am working with web development, building services that people can and want to use.

Those services are websites and e-trade, all kind of forms.

I am very fond of the technical details but also interested in making it possible and accessible to people like my 83-year-old mother.

How can have more inclusive perspective for the development of tech products and services.

When did something related to the internet last make you hopefull or happy?

Begining here at Internetdagarna, because I meet some people here that were there when twitter was a new tool for meeting people. NOw the reality of Twitter is totally different. But it makes me hopeful is to reconnect to those people who were there from the beginning and who had the good intentions, ideas and motivations in the beginning and are now developing more.

When did something related to the internet last make you upset, afraid or angry?

Today rightwing politics is on the rise and they promote what they call “old values”. When I hear that I just want to tell them “If you want old values, give back the internet, if you want to go back to the stone age, you should not use modern technology!” they are misusing it today to push buttons.

name: nymagnum

Welcome! I’m one of the people you saw at Internetdagarna. Happy to see you here.

We have a conversation ongoing related to this, and we have some preliminary ethnography that you might be interested in.

When is a bubble a way of hiding from other views that might lead to the kind of expansion of worldview that many community members cite as central to their growth and development as humans, and when are bubbles a way of building safe communities away from threat? How can we tell the difference, when encountering difference (getting outside of bubbles) is often what pushes us to grow and change, too?