Is the communitarian Internet back in the wake of COVID-19? – A conversation with Howard Rheingold

Heartening. Especially maybe for those of us who managed to keep the faith…

Another iteration of this I enjoy is “View from my Window” a giant newish group on Facebook where you show a pic of …the view from your window as you maintain your distance. It’s delightful.

1 Like

Phil Agre had a mailing list long ago called The Red Rock Eater. It was a broadcast list for his often very interesting thoughts. One day, he asked people to send pix of where they sat at their computer. Since then, in every online community I participate in, I’ve started a topic thread on “where I sit.”

If you want to see where I sit, click on this link. When you load the page, hold the mouse button and drag to move around, click on the big round circles to zoom, and the smaller circles to see videos, text, links.

1 Like

Splendid! It’s like being there.

I used to have this idea of a WELL poster that was a grid of many WELLers at their terminals. Recently, in FB there was a reunion of the Habbo teens who are all now in their late 20s and early 30s where they showed each other their setups. Not so much art as you but multiple screens and good audio.

Was it hard to make that 3D image? Or did someone else make it? I noticed a name with a 707 area code. I could see a lot of uses for it.

The fellow who did it lives in Lake County. His contact info is in the upper left corner.

1 Like