Teaching Teachers Open Source

Erik where would be the most convenient location (city) for you to do this in?

@MariaEuler has helped me book Huset Blivande in Stockholm.

I hope to be able to put more cycles into the preparations the coming weeks…

2 Likes

yayy, did you guys set the date yet with @MariaEuler ?

1 Like

Yes I did. Its on the 28:th November. Teaching Teachers Open Source - #41 by erik_lonroth

1 Like

HERE is a link with a compilation of the description and some more background etc.

I’m now at a stage where I need to figure out:

[?] How to let participant sign up? @MariaEuler can you help me?

[?] How to reach out to:

• Leaders within schools/academia
  • Politicians related to schools/academia
  • Experts and people that are already working on this subject
  • Enthusiasts
  • Teachers

@hugi @nadia

4 Likes

Ah ok, great. We have built a website for the festival where people can find aggregated information and where they can sign up for a ticket by filling in a form.

The festival site is updated by picking up content from our discourse platform (where we are right now) that is tagged a certain way. So to begin with what you do is creae a new post and copy past the content of the google doc into it. More info here:

The way we will be promoting events, pushing out calls for participation and support is to point people either to the festival site or the individual post on edgeryders.eu that contains the information about the event in it.

When we do communication outreach we try to think of people who are well connected in the networks where we will find many people we are looking for. And we have to think about the constraints under which people are working.

As I understand it, teachers in Sweden are underpaid and overwhelmed with an ever growing burden of tasks. So rather than try to engage them directly, perhaps it makes sense to start with people who have a direct interest in children drawing the benefits of open source?

My first hunch would be technologists/ graduates of technical university programs who have children in school that we might want to reach out to. People who work in tech companies in Sweden and have school age children might be a good starting point. What do you think? Are they also likely to be members of some of specific labour unions? Where else might we find them… @hugi might know about how KTHs Alumni association works?

Another could be networks of people living in Sweden who went to schools like Hyper Island or the Chaos Pilots (@zelf might know if there is an alumni association/ some way of reaching them).

Then we know that a lot of people likely to be on linkedin, facebook and instagram. There @anon82932460 will have a better idea of how to reach out to and engage people via those channels.

2 Likes

Maybe students currently studying to become teachers would also be interested.

2 Likes

@erik_lonroth,

1. Could you either update the first post in this thread with all the relevant information or make a new one topush ut via social media and on the minisite?

2. Regarding the signup: would the signup form we have linked to the get your ticket button on the minisite work for you? If not, what questions would you need them to answer? (maybe we can add a section about which event you want to join). Or would prefer to have a typeform set up like the one we used for your proposal? If so, send me a list with your questions.

1 Like

I’ll update the post here.

Regarding the signup: would the signup form we have linked to the get your ticket button on the minisite work for you? If not, what questions would you need them to answer? (maybe we can add a section about which event you want to join). Or would prefer to have a typeform set up like the one we used for your proposal? If so, send me a list with your questions.

I’m not sure which one you mean… Could you be specific with a link? (sorry for not getting it, I’ve got so many stuff going on in this domain atm)

we just had a discussion about the signup process and figured that we would like everyone to go through a form on the minisite (the button), but we will modify the questionair so it is clear who signs up for what :slight_smile:

Which one, I don’t understand which button and where to find it?

To make it easier for interested participants to get an overview of the festival programm we set up this site :
https://festival.edgeryders.eu/

there is a button there “get your ticket” right on the top of the site, and thats where everyone could sign up :). Currently, people are asked what they would like to help with, we will change that a bit to also ask which events they want to attend specifically

1 Like

this is also where we would like to post a shor one paragraph bio of you and the other organisers :slight_smile:Festival Participant Bios

1 Like

Hej @erik_lonroth, are you facilitating the workshop by yourself or do you collaborate with someone? And could you send us either a picture of yourself or them “in action” facilitating creative workshops or such for the flyer? or something else that would work as an image for a flyer like this:

Edgeryders-Fest-FB-1200x628-AI-fabrizio-01

as well a one-sentence pitch to put on there? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@erik_lonroth I finished the flyers for you and replaced the header with one. you can find the files here: erik – Google Drive

we need the texts on the flyers in Swedish but maybe @hugi can help with this if he has 5 minutes?

1 Like

I can provide the text today.

1 Like

@MariaEuler I’ve uploaded new images but I’m no artist, so they look kind of crappy - but the text should be alright I think. Let me know if that works.

NEWTEXT-Edgeryders-Fest-Twitter-1100x628-erik-01

1 Like

i can only find the swedish versions there, what about the changes with the englisch ones?

here is the link to the folder with the swedish versions :slight_smile:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wxJvyS6kxdZJn9Ng3yHE-Mp6alykCiGv?usp=sharing

2 Likes