LOTE4 final program

@Alberto, I tried to stick to what was written in the  session proposals - some dates were default, but maybe some people wanted them on the days they actually chose. Now I will write to those who scheduled for Sunday and make an agreement with them.

@Katalin @Bembo, so i suggest we merge the Bembo’s session with yours about the Follow up and move it on Suday for the Unconference. Same with the other presentation/workshop you want to make. What you do is that you start a session - https://edgeryders.eu/en/sessions-at-lote4-the-stewardship, same applies to Ramona’s proposal. Once these are done, I put them in the schedule.

@Edgeryders - i have got fantastic news. I attended with @NicoBis the big gathering of Lucan associations this morning. We were plenty, and the discussion was thick, touching variety of problems related to the everyday existence of these entities and their future scenarios, regardless to what will happen on 17th of October. What is important - we will be mentioned in the local press as part of the big Lucano group of activists interested in the future of the place, and the sceptics decided to resume dialogue with us. We reconciled. I am extremely proud of this result, it took me a while but now we surely have Andrea’s and Sergio’s interest, moreover, Stefania approached me to ask about a possibility of adding something to the program. Tonight most probably I will get two more local initiatives to come and present themselves. Seems like my mission is going in the right direction, but I won’t praise myself before 26th;)

2 Likes

amazing

@Natalia_Skoczylas! Fantastic news!

I also added already here the two sessions I needed to. I did not see it possible to still upload sessions, but I will try.

session 2. - proposed by Ramona Bavassano

Shaking up the World - Stewarding Cultural Heritage and Exchange Across Continents

Ramona Bavassano presents “Brasilicata Tour”, a case study in creating global , sustainable development processes through cultural exchange and the voluntary commitment of an international network of professionals active in different areas of the cultural industry, and thanks to a non-monetary approach based on an exchange of services and hospitality.

Brasilicata Tour started as an experimental project in 2013 and with a impressive amount of cordinated actions in the summer of  2014. It’s a year-long exchange that brings Lucano artists to Brazil during European winter and viceversa in the warm season, testing the feasibility of rural tourism development for people interested in re-discovering the human capital belonging to the cultural heritage of Italy. Brasilicata Tour is working to create multimedia materials for the documentation and narration of the process through digital diaries, the use of social media and mouth-to-mouth communication among like-minded people in different parts of the world.

Ramona presents Brasilicata to the Edgeryders community in order to get ideas and people for her other project, an eco-village devoted to the sharing of knowledge and the research on art and sustainability, in Jamaica. The project WELCOMING VIBES realizes in Jamaica a planned process of creation of  a sustainable community of multicultural people wishing to live for short or long periods in the beautiful location of Treasure Beach, in the Southern Coast of Jamaica, enjoying eternal spring, unspoiled nature and being part of a relevant process of social and cultural innovation.

Ramona Bavassano has trained as a psychologist and works as a management consultant with more than twenty years of experience, for big and small, private and public companies in Italy, Europe, Asia and Latin America. She deals with the development of human potential and capacity building in areas such as Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Managerial Training, Coaching, Creating Entrepreneurship, Local Development, Marketing and Social Responsibility.

Fun T-Shirts for Edgeryders

Didn’t find the Fun - T- Shirt session on the timetable. Does that mean, it is not going to happen? I don’t mean to insist, it’s only about my preparations - and stuff, I would need to bring with me - or not…

Thankyou for answering.

Cheers

Anna

sorry this is our mistake. I will put it here asap;)

Missing session added

@hexayurt's session was uploaded just recently and missed it here, so I added it on Saturday after lunch. Vinay does this work for you?

I was just about to do it @Noemi :wink: thank you;)

Hm…

Kinda late in the day - lot of concepts from that session will clarify and remove friction from the stewardship discussions in general.

Any way to bring it forwards? Ideally I’d like to seed the conversation with some of those concepts earlier in LOTE so they can clear the way for other conversations to happen more easily.

@hexayurt changed

Do we secure a two-hours slot for Basilicata’s stewardship examples on Sunday for example? @Alberto

@NicoBis and me are in touch with various organisations which would like to participate and share their experiences.

Yes! Let’s do a Mapjam

They tell us about their work, we put everything in the case study excell sheet and then upload everything into the stewardship map…

@Alberto I have seen you moved the speakers from sunday to public facing event. In this case the session on Sunday is not happening anymore, cannot really bother them twice, also I have to check if they all want to speak in public. And I probably have one or two more people talking in this session. OK?

@hexayurt @danohu - would you like to merge the sessions together? At the moment they happen at the same time and the materia they touch upon is similar - would that work better if you prepare it together? Just a suggestion, if not we leave it like this. Please reply asap.

2 requests: change millies session to different time, help merge

Hey guys

1. @ElaMi5 and I would like to go to one another’s sesions but they are at the same time, possible to swap hers to a different time? (not sure we can move mine because it depends on when @JenniferR arrives- we’re doing it together).

2. We need help merging some of the sessions in the  Stewarding Communities track because there are at least 15 proposals and several have similar/complimentary topics. @rmchase are there any you think we can ask to merge?

and in case it helps any, im completely up to joining up

with another session if it makes sense and others are up for it! ps. @nadia, thanks!

Saturday after lunch program

@ElaMi5, you can have your session instead of Bjorn’s “How Tourism can change rural areas” at 14:30. Works? cc @Nadia

Bjorn’s “How Tourism can change rural areas” is moving from 15:30 - 16:30 instead of Festival of Solidarity (Christine is not at Lote so that session gets cancelled)

merging

Well, Data coops are a form of excess capacity. Some of these would be local. The open source participation projects @sammuirhead and the data coops are clearly mergeable. Maybe we could merge with #temporarycustodians: Sharing Assets + Islington Mill: case study for a community of stewards – which is kind of a case study of what we had in mind.

Some organizing ideas:

– extracting learning from past Matera/unMonastery efforts.

– openness as key to future

– culture/arts

unconference session proposal

just announcing, as we can also propose sessions onsite,

but it’s good to propose more early to gather interested people to join

topic :

THE ART OF STEWARDSHIP IN PROJECTS, MEETINGS AND SELF-CARE

How the Art Of Hosting methodologies and being down to earth supports success.

with David Ridge, me, and who ever wants to join :slight_smile:

you can join here

you can follow there developments of the session here

and join !

https://edgeryders.eu/en/sessions-at-lote4-the-stewardship/the-art-of-stewardship-in-projects

Final cleaning session?

Hi, I’d like to propose that we be good stewards until the end…

During and after Sunday people will be on the leave and as it usually happens at unconferences, a small group is practically forced into cleaning the venue. Can we allocate 2 hrs on Sunday evening before the dinner & party (maybe 18 - 20) to take out garbage, clean the conference rooms, move out chairs and stuff we won’t be needing and leave everything in order?

The house practicalities can then be finalised by those living there, but let’s all give a hand, it will go much faster!