[LOTE4 Tickets] Information design | Copywriting

The task for you is to chose a page out of the range available in the sitemap and produce a content for it, sometimes also accompanied by a visualisation, if this seems necessary or relevant. Your help in terms of visual aspects will be Noemi (noemi@edgeryders.eu - simply send her your query).

If you decide on rewriting, re-organising, improving an already existing page, consider starting with this page: What would be a better invitation for newcomers on the website who need to be presented with what is happening on Edgeryders and where they could fit in? How to keep it short and sweet?

• Value of task: 1 #lote4 ticket

How to complete this task?

In the comment form below let us know when you will be available to do it and which content is interesting for you (so that we won’t have double efforts focusing on the same topic). Any questions you might have, post a comment. Nothing happens on Edgeryders until we interact with one another.

The task is completed once you post your new copy in a comment below.

Steps to get your Lote4 ticket

1. By completing this task.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

This task belongs to the Storytellers team, that’s where you can get in touch with the other team members.

Fixing the minisite copy

Ping @katalin: this is the task to take on if you’re still up for it after Alberto explained the process yesterday… essentially the whole website needs better copy, it depends on what you feel you could take on.

PS I took on some other stuff to do this morning and couldn’t make it to the hangout the two of us agreed to have… but if I can help let me know here?

Thanks!

Thank you, @Noemi , perfect! I will ask if I have any questions.

Have a nice weekend,

Katalin

“Get Involved” page

Finally getting to do this today. Hope nobody has started working on it yet.

Katalin

first version

Hi @Noemi,

I made a new wiki with the proposed trimmed content:

https://edgeryders.eu/rewrite-get-involved

I organised both the “who are the Edgeryders” and the “who are you” section into 3 paragraphs, - I really like how the company minisite homepage has that structure of 3 photo+brief text in 2 rows for each aspect of activities. I am happy to do it - if you agree it is a good idea.

Let me know,

and thank you for the photos!

Katalin

ps: I cut out all the details about how to get involved with the company. I think this requires it’s own page. I am happy to make that. Also - I could not figure out how to actually edit the original “get involved” page, it does not seem to be a wiki. If you don’t mind, please explain, and I can do the actual update. (Eventually I will find my way around here easily, and will be able to help without requesting so much of your time, I am sorry.)

whole new level

Oh thanks, I think it looks so much better.

I’ve just made you content manager of the site, so you should be able to see an Edit tab on the upper side of the page, like in wikis.

Good idea of putting photos up and briefly describing sections of the community or type of things one can do here. Yes, go wild, you can only make the current one better if you know what I mean.

Alternatively, and let me know if this is an option you would prefer, we could have a clean page with full width like the company page, kind of like a blank slate. We would need to Panelize it to give it a different layout. Here is an example of a panelized page.

Is it something you would prefer? I’m no expert, but I’d love to show you around some more :slight_smile:

Done

:slight_smile: