We had a meeting tonight discussing the current state of Tau. @AnjM took some notes.
Studio Tau – Summary of Intentions
Tau will unfold in 2 phases. We discussed practicalities around this. More about these two phases in the first Studio Tau info thread.
Tau will always be an open ended collaborative space with shared responsibility.
- Period 1 till October 1st: Experimental stage, figuring out what equipment and needs should be met. Not all spaces will be set yet.
- From October 1st, intention for things to be more set, rooms more specialised and no 'private' spaces apart from Artist in Residence.
- Intention is cross-collaborative (encourage members to run workshops, initiatives, etc.)
- Effective time use. Maximise use of space.
- BETA: 32 members with access to Bata and Tau
- TAU: 32 members only Tau access
- Model is flexible and experimental in its initial stages.
- Discussion of business plan and sustaining the space economically/long-term is for another meeting: to be discussed in another platform and occasion if there is enough interest.
Studio Tau Communication Chanels
- Facebook is unfavourable for multiple reasons.
- EDGERYDERS FORUM: suggestion for slow/intermediate discussions, longer span discussions, long-term planning.
- SLACK for shorter immediate communication (forum ineffective here.)
- SLACK is not for decision making but for immediate communication. EDGERYDERS forum is better for decisions, planning and slower long-form discussions.
- Long-term decisions and communication will be recorded via forum.
- FORUM is for transparency of actions/updates.
- BLIVANDE website in progress will be connected to the Tau forum. Different methods to promote events via these connected platforms/websites.
- Fire Alarm: We recently accidentally triggered the fire alarm. It might become a problem with the automatic alarm. Costs of response is extremely expensive. We need to find solution.
@hampus, @AnjM, did I miss anything?