Mid-term review agenda

To WP leaders and partners: ER @Alberto , SF @markomanka, WeMake @Costantino, Città di Milano @Rossana_Torri, EHFF @Lakomaa and UBx @LuceChiodelliUB

(Feb 24) We are still waiting for one partner to upload their financial data. Otherwise, the full report is available on the EC portal for you to enjoy. Colleagues are usgin the available time to go through thte whole submission one last time before hitting the submit button.

We will use this wiki to publish the agenda and all other information concerning the review in Brussels on March 10, and the rehearsal session on March 9.

Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine delegation

21 rue Montoyer, 1000 Brussels

Materials 

Proposed structure 

10:00 - 10:30 Intro. Our quest and the project architecture that corresponds to it

• Guy (20 + 10 minutes)

10:30 - 12:30 opencare « in the field »

Developing on the work done, methodology used, with stakeholders and communities (including an overall intro providing context and listing goals)

• City of Milano (20 + 10 minutes)
  • WeMake (20 + 10 minutes)
  • SCIMPULSE (20 + 10 minutes)
  • EHFF (20 + 10 minutes)

12:30 - 13:00 light lunch (on site)

13:00 - 14:00 the ICT side of opencare

Where collective intelligence and network science meet (including a conclusion listing project impact)

• Joint presentation by Guy + Alberto (25 minutes)
  • Dashboard demo (10 minutes)
  • Q&A (20 minutes)

14:00 - 14:30 opencare management

• Project management (Luce + Guy, maybe Marco on the Open Call episode?)
  • Project impact, goals acheived, future work (Alberto + others?) 

15:00 - 16:00 reviewers private caucus + feedback

Rehearsal on March 9

As suggested and then agreed, we will rehearse on March 9,

I suggest we have a quick lunch together and start working on the presentation at 1pm.

Please confirm your availability. (I know @Alberto is not able to make it – please let us know whether someone else from ER is joigning, @Noemi ?)

Exact location and schedule of the review meeting

Schedule

As already mentioned in a previous comment, you need to make sure you can be at meeting prior to its start at 9:30am (I’ll try to have a start time at 10:00am), and make sure you do not leave before the end 5:00pm (from my past experience).

The exact location of the rehearsal on March 9, and review meeting the next morning is:

Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine delegation

21 rue Montoyer, 1000 Brussels

I’ll be there

My flight arrives BRU 0920

we’ll be there

Rossana + Matteo

Thank you very much for the work done, Guy and everyone

I hope to here from you soon and pick up the thread about contents (“chapters” of the tale) and “style” of the oral presentation (ppt?), so that everybody can take the right time to organize pieces of work to insert in a shared presentation…

ER @Alberto , SF @markomanka, WeMake @Costantino, Città di Milano @Rossana Torri, @matteo EHFF @Lakomaa and @melancon UBx @LuceChiodelliUB

Slides only

I will prepare and send along slides. @melancon , can you confirm the length of presentations you want?

I am quite familiar with Tech Report A and B, so I am ready to answer questions. I am deeply familiar with ER’s financial data. I have no idea of the overall financial flows, so I cannot help with general financial questions.

Agenda - objectives of the meeting

As stated in the invitation letter, the meeting’s objectives are to establish (by the reviewers):

1. the degree of fulfilment of the project work plan over the period and the completion of relevant contractual deliverables;
  2. the scientific results and project results dissemination;
  3. the resources planned and utilised in relation to the achieved progress, in a manner consistent with the principles of economy, efficiency and effectiveness;
  4. the management procedures and methods of the project;
  5. the beneficiaries’ contributions and integration within the project;
  6. the expected potential impact (to social innovation) and the beneficiaries' plan for the use and dissemination of results;

Telling a story showcasing your work should highlight points 1 and 6. Your story will most probably include elements on point 2. You should underline how your work and the way you carried it connects with point 5.

Your story should provide indication about how you are using the EC money you were given (point 3). You may address this plainly at the end of the scientific part of your presentation.

A good way to build your story is to link it with or mimick report part A where a number of goals are listed and paired with things done to reach them (pages 5-6-7 of report part A, pages 59-60-61 of the full report uploaded on the EC portal).

Maybe spend some time thinking about how you can sell point 5 – one which I personally think we can do much better.

I will try to come up with a skeleton asap – but I am not the one to decide for all, building the prez is a collective effor tjust as writing the report was.

Take time to read …

… what reviewers will read and know of the project before listening to your talk.

You’ll find part B, and part A, as well as two annex doc (Dissemination …, and Diversity) in the Google Drive under the Reporting 2016 folder.

1 Like

Created an archive for tech review

Hello all,

I created a specific folder on the Google Drive for the technical review: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxnwAmGNB9t9Tm1taUZfOFI3anc

You will find there the invitation letter to the review, the template that will be used by reviewers for the evaluation (definitely worth reading !!!) and a Google Doc summarizing all the discussions we could have so far on the topic, as they were spread over several threads on the platform.

Please feel free to contribute there, add your presentations for all of us to see and adjust.

ER @Alberto , SF @markomanka, WeMake @Costantino, Comune di Milano @Rossana Torri@Matteo EHFF @Lakomaa @Tino_Sanandaji  and @melancon UBx @LuceChiodelliUB

Periodic report - scientific contributions

Scientific parts of the periodic reports are available here for you to read again: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxnwAmGNB9t9ZEdXaGVHX3MwTDQ

ER @Alberto , SF @markomanka, WeMake @Costantino, Comune di Milano @Rossana Torri@Matteo EHFF @Lakomaa @Tino_Sanandaji  and @melancon UBx @LuceChiodelliUB

Thanks – everyone take time to read

Thansk Luce for taking the lead.

Everyone needs to have a look at the report, reading it with the reviewers in mind, try to imagine how they decode the ifnroamtion we gathered together. Try to anticipate on remarks, critics, etc.

Agenda - prepare your presentations

This post is long. Stay with me.

A must read for WP leaders and partners, @markomanka and @Alberto (and @Noemi since Alberto won’t be with us on March 9 and will arive late on March 10) and @Costantino and @Lakomaa and @Rossana_Torri and @LuceChiodelliUB

I already sent Loretta a rough agenda, mainly focusing on how much time is devoted to talks, discussion, etc.

• 10:00 - 12:30 —a session focusing on opencare « in the field » developing on the work done, methodology used, with stakeholders and communities (including an overall intro providing context and listing goals)
  • 12:30 - 13:00 light lunch (on site)
  • 13:00 - 14:00 a session focusing on the ICT side of opencare, where collective intelligence and network science meet (including a conclusion listing project impact)
  • 14:00 - 14:30 opencare management
  • 14:30 - 15:00 discussion
  • 15:00 - 15:30 reviewers private caucus
  • 15:30 - 16:00 feedback  from reviewers

Roughly speaking, each partner gets a 30 minutes slot (20 min presentation + 10 min questions). Powerpoint style presentations are expected, you may even prepare a demo, show a short video exceprt (if you need sound, we may need to bring a set of speakers).

As previously agreed (above in this same thread),

• Your presentation may tell a story showcasing your work (points 1 and 6 above). Your story will most probably include elements on point 2. You should underline how your work and the way you carried it connects with point 5.
  • Your story should provide indication about how you are using the EC money you were given (point 3). You may address this plainly at the end of the scientific part of your presentation.
  • Your presentation should mention how your results achieve impact (cf report part A).
  • Your presentation need not duplicate the report.

WHAT FORMAT?

A. INTRO

Alberto and I will prepare an introduction to help reviewers adopt the right perspective on our project (20 - 30 minutes). I personally am unsure about how much they are into the CAPSSI spirit (remember one is software-engineering oriented, the other is into neurosciences and bio-informatics). After the intro is over, we may assume they got the big picture, context and goals on which presenters can build.

I suggest then that partners present in the following order, partly for logical reasons, partly because of timing constraints:

B. PARTNER PREZ

• City of Milano (20 + 10 minutes)
  • WeMake (20 + 10 minutes)
  • SCIMPULSE (20 + 10 minutes)
  • EHFF (20 + 10 minutes)

– Lunch break –

• UBx and ER will team up to give a two speaker presentation, reporting on ER's work itself, then explaining how network science is mobilized, providing information on ICT work by UBx; then presenting a use case to highlight how this technology is used and how it is useful. (40 + 20 minutes)

Other partners may also prepare a joint presentation. I personally thought City of Milano maybe want to team with WeMake.

C. CONCLUSION

• Project management (UBx, Luce and I, maybe go over the Open Call episode?)
  • Project impact, goals acheived, future work (Alberto -- other want to stand up or bring items to the board? just say so)

Joint prez step 1 done

@melancon , I created a Presentations folder into the Tech Review Folder. You will find a zipped Keynote. You use Mac, so I recommend we use Keynote, it’s just better. If you don’t have it, get it for free from the App Store.

Get back to me to coordinate on how to finish. I divided it a part 1 (mine, done) and a part 2 (yours). I suggested some things you might want to put into your part for a smooth narrative.

Impact prez done

Same folder as the joint prez.

Not possible to open

@alberto; @matteo; @costantino; @markomanka; @guy; @luce; @lakomaa

my keynote is out of date and my operating system does not supports other

Anyway, not all of us are using Mac (Matteo f.i. does’nt…)

Other solutions to share a prez?

Most formats supported

I can import most formats into Keynote. Use Keynote 09, it will be fine. For visual consistency use the Photo Essay theme, chosen from the “Wide” tab (widescreen format).

Version 08 is the one that I have

Can’t update and can’t open YOUR files…

Will work

It will still work with 08.

For your reference: Keynote cannot be updated, but the new one is now free (and handles old files). So you can just download the new one from the App Store (requires creating Apple account, but most Mac users have to have one anyway).

Heads up: I will be travelling starting tomorrow, so not much time to work on slides.