Need help to redo the Program page for LOTE

We have a public draft created as a page in the Lote5 minisite: https://edgeryders.eu/en/lote5/program

However, this falls short of conveying the depth of the sessions proposed so far and the amazing speaker lineup. Ideally, anyone landing on that page should go: “yes, this looks interesting, consistent and I want in”.

We need to drop the tracks (the current highlights, mostly mental organisation of the program) and emphasize the sessions themselves + add links + some better css.

With @KiraVde we are planning to improve this over this week, if you want to help join in by leaving a comment below? I also added Auli since she might be interested. Thanks!

Helping with this task gets you a ticket to Living on the Edge, Brussels 25-28 Feb. 

I love organizing info

Will be all over this Thursday afternoon! And available on Skype if more co-creators emerge…

Plz include link to the actual session event page for attendance

Yayy, small request: add url to the actual page where session is described in more detail and you can hit attend button? Pleez?

Work in progress

You can follow the word doc here. I’ve added all links to events I could find, but some need to be created from scratch.

@Alberto can you make an event for each of the open care sessions?

@Natalia_Skoczylas can you make some for Piotr?

@Noemi who can make the ones for Marek Hudon and Bernard Lietaer tbc, Millie Begovic, Walter van Holst and Kirsten Fiedler?

+ the first day is still quite open. How have previous LOTEs kicked off?

On it, sorry for delay.

How’s this page looking to you? Should I go on? (unpublished yet)

Can finish by tomorrow morning… and waiting for the other sessions stubs. Marek and Bernard are @ireinga’s contacts…

Let’s see…

This is the last I could arrive at. Now on the Program page.

Usually kickstarting lote is informal, people start coming to the venue and that becomes the basic meeting point. We eat together and have drinks, then @Nadia does a short welcome, a bit of expectation management and house rules, followed by an exercise where we talk for an hour with each other in smaller groups. Doesn’t need to be fancy at all, on the contrary. If we also have Nele’s concert on Thursday I think we’re good to go.

1 Like

Looks publishable

For the opening night: Irene and I are considering sth that would def draw in people; on top of having Nele. But I don’t want to sell the bear’s hide before he’s been shot. → We can adjust this anyways, right?

2 Likes

For sure, we can add more info as we go.

Kira, can you send me a couple of words about the Disco Soup and immigrants food company or caterers? Anything about the initiatives we are partnering up with will go well, gives people an idea about our design choices. Better said, your design choices. Good work.

Disco Soup

Disco soup in short:

We rescue a large amount of not-pretty-vegetables that would otherwise be thrown away (via gleaning, supermarkerts leftovers etc)

We put on loud party music

We chop the vegetables and turn them into delicious soup and salad - NOTHING is wasted

We keep the party music going, enjoy our soups and salads

The Disco Soup website (only in FR)

@ireinga for more info on catering?

2 Likes