One year of NGI Forward, and where to go from here

Hi Alberto, we are definitely in. Check https://www.theinternetofthings.eu/hygienegap-project-provides-citizen-centred-digital-trusted-health-status-solution and I hope edgeryders will join. the Telegram and start spreading, Rob

2 Likes

Which one? Amelia’s? Mine? A remix?

Will you take care of the call to action?

yours

i would like to hear what @katjab has to say about the proppsal above re online summit ?

I am good with topic 1…or 2 or any of them really. But Is the idea that each one of these is its own topic and we funnel comments into them? Or could stewarding also mean bringing up these aspects where you find them in any conversation?

And is this being structured with a short opening essay such as the ‘versions’ as written above? It’s not that clear what it is you are asking us to choose.

Another thought that came to me earlier is, can we send a message to every user of the platform? Many have the platform messages forwarded to their own email, so they don’t have to log in to ER to see it. I think if we asked our ER friends and colleagues to go one of those topics to say what is going on from their perspective, a lot of them would do it. Although it is a big group mailing, I don’t see it as spam. More like we are asking our friends to do us a favor. So many people have come and gone via the LOTE events and Open Village, etc. who don’t really spend time on the site much now, but are surely doing things of interest. Maybe we could bring them back for a bit…?

hey John can you copy your comment here? Do you want to join our Covid19 Community Response? A breakdown of Edgeryders activities, roles, tasks and workflows

yes. I should have read that first…

@marina and @katjab and @Heshanij, this would be a proposed entry for the NGI blog – after revisions and comments, especially by @amelia. Will it work, you think?

I think we need both. @amelia’s version is great to have at the top of the IoH category page. It’s a good introduction to the role of the discussion categories just below (when made just a bit shorter and assuming a bit less shared context). The full version can then be linked from there and go into its own topic.

On the other hand, Alberto’s version is great for providing publicity to the call-to-action: on a minisite, on our blog, sharing around etc.: a thoughtful post for people who have a bit more time than for just reading the instructions.

3 Likes

Great! Sounds good to me. @CCS also suggested we could tweet out a slightly shorter version of this part to get people to come join us :slight_smile:

1 Like

succinct and on point.

1 Like

Hello, I am working on an overview of the current discussions for this week. Can I already announce there that a post like this is coming and can I use the quote bellow ready (with or without attribution?) to include in calls and motivations to share stories on the platform instead of somewhere else? Thank you :slight_smile:

Posting here @katjab response received via e-mail:

"It’s an interesting idea! We explored it quite in-depth before we moved the conference, but given its purpose/intended goals we felt it made more sense to move the event and meet in person in the fall.
However, we are very interested in doing some fringe online activities before then- and experiment with both more interactive workshop formats + also talks in the next weeks/months. We for example
held an online workshop and talk on sustainability/bit of COVID-19 on Friday as part of IAM internet, which was quite successful- definitely worth doing more of that.

Maybe we could do something COVID-related soon? Webinars, talks, meeting groups?"

1 Like

That could look like a great chance to have a “funnel on steroids” to the summit, using appropriately our new and shiny Webkit (though I understand @owen is not at full capacity, and we may need to be patient…)

1 Like

There is a huge need to do things online, especially think of ways to replace the planned face-to-face events with some kind of online version. It might happen that the Summit moved to September won’t take place, can we think of different scenarios / methods / formats / tools to make online events successful? How can we collaborate on that as a consortium? It’s the topic of the outreach and engagement task force call, this Thursday at 14h (Launch Meeting - Zoom). Who can join?

2 Likes

if @kajafarszky says I can make it then yes @marina

@nadia can join for the call on Thursday at 14h. @marina

1 Like

@nadia info for today’s call: It is going to be half an hour (NESTA team has an exceptional call later that they cannot reschedule now), so let’s try to be as concrete as possible and ask for very specific things from them. From our side, Alberto, Maria, Hugi and I will be there too.

Call writeup done. @marina, can you make sure the relevant folks at NESTA see it? And get it OK-ed?

1 Like

Guys, I completely lost the overview.

Asking mostly @marina (for the reporting as well), and of course @nadia.