Our Call on the 7th

please formulate a concrete question to send people into those rooms with that you would like to be answered via writing or recordings to go on the platform.

remeber to mention publically that the call will be recorded and that the recording will start now.

Draft:

• 5 min intro
  • 10 min video
  • 10 min how we build a scifi world
  • 15 min break out room
  • 5 min invitation
  • 15 min QA

@Joriam, @hugi, @yudhanjaya, maybe just add the questions you want to be asked when into this draft and can you maybe also add potential links that you want to be shared during the call in the chat.

2 Likes

Session structure and responsibilities:

Care of @nadia:

• 5 min intro
  • 10 min video

Care of @yudhanjaya

• 10 min how we build a scifi world

Care of @Joriam

• 15 min break out room
  • 5 min invitation

Care of @MariaEuler

• 15 min QA

@hugi takes charge if things derail or need to be clarified.
@alberto is first port of call for people who want to dream up and troubleshoot fictional economies.
@MariaEuler takes care of the backend of keeping track of the chat, answering technical questions etc.

Todo:
@alberto prepares a new category and moves relevant threads into it.
@Joriam selects prompt question for breakout room.
@MariaEuler and @nadia prepare Tell form for harvesting breakout reflections.
@IvanC nd @nadia handle pre-event outreach and comms.
@MariaEuler and @nadia, in collaboration with @Joriam, @alberto and @hugi write instructions for how people can contribute with short stories, scenes, narratives, ideas, etc over the coming month.

:male_detective:

4 Likes

@Joriam when can I have video? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We premiere the video on the call right? Not before? I actually think it will be a better way to spread it. We show it to the people who attend the call first, then make the link public and ask them to share it.

Remember in your section to also credit:

• FdCM, Blivande, Climate KIC, Nordic Culture Fund Globus program

Yes I thought. we agreed this, no?

oh! I just wanted it out of curiousity and also to add subtitles

1 Like

Ah ok, it was already discussed. Must have missed it.

1 Like

Alright, video sent on the other thread, now to the question.

Ivan’s original question (“What’s your idea/suggestion for building the world?”) was my inspiration. I wanted to go for something sliiiiightly more specific, but also open enough so people could talk about it for ages. I think the specificity will help our least creative participants, guiding the imagination!

So what I’m gonna ask is: “what alternative currencies/currency-rules you think should be experimented?”

I’m gonna give a brief 1min intro about the origin or paper money, crypto, gonna mention some DAOs that operate with tradable social capital. Nothing in depth, just stimulating imagination, then we can send them to the breakout rooms and just remind them of the question as I’ve written above.

@MariaEuler here’s what you asked :smiley:

1 Like

edited, preevent out reach and comms is Ivan and nadia

2 Likes

@Joriam, didn’t you also want to ask them something about their background? Also, should I use both questions:

1. What’s your idea/suggestion for building the world?
  2. what alternative currencies/currency-rules you think should be experimented?

@hugi, @yudhanjaya do you want to add something?

In general, when I ask for the questions for the form, please be concise and definite. 1. 2. 3. Give me a list, I’ll put it in. Going back and forth with different drafts of this and clarifications always costs me tons of time. No link to a long text or direction to source the questions from, just straight up the questions please, and limited to 3, max 5 questions. (sorry, this has been a reoccurring issue, not you fault here)

Also @Joriam, do you want the video to be linked in the feedback form for after the event?

This si the current version:
Edgeryders Forms Is this what you want @Joriam

Bit lost, what is this referring to and what is needed from outreach crew before the event?

I think it is sending out the zoom links and such?

The feedback form and the map of workbuilding is for after the event but has to be set up before the event.

@alberto, did you set up a new catheogory for people to post their stories?

I’m feeling a bit lost here. I guess we’re not aligned in what goes where, or at least I didn’t understand that 100%.

The question I wrote above is the one I want help sending to people once they’re in the breakout rooms (even though I’m gonna tell them beforehand, it’s good that they have in text).

Just the one question, no need to repeat the “What’s your idea/suggestion for building the world?” because they all already answered that question.

About the form, I was thinking it was just the one question I proposed and that we’d tell people “if you feel you folks had a good conversation and you want to share with the group, you can fill that form and it will add your convo to a thread.”, so I was not imagining adding extra prompts.

ok great, but which is that one?