Paid software development tasks for Open Ethnographer for Drupal (call closed)

Better instructions

Hello @pedro_dias, if you want to have a look at the software and what tasks you might be interested in, we have now better installation instructions. Some features are nearly finished but not yet integrated into the master branch’s code, but you can have a look by checking out open pull requests.

CATMA and code hierarchies

The answer to (4) seems to be yes, CATMA does include code management / hierarchy building features.

You can use the CATMA Tag Manager to easily create Tagsets that contain Tags and Subtags of your own choice, suitable for your purposes. This enables you to create complex hierarchical Tagsets that allow for the application of extensive multilayer analytic categories to the text. It is also possible to assign Properties to Tags, which provides a different manner of structuring the Tags than the one offered by Subtags (i.e. horizontally instead of vertically or hierarchically).

1 Like

Good news!

Thanks for taking a look, Dan. For potentially later doing live-syncing to CATMA, we would also needd if code hierarchies can be managed independently of the codings themselves. Finding it out can wait until if and when we get to the live syncing part. From the data structures (just looking at the CATMA example files that you found), it seems possible. Code hierarchy and codings are in the same document_user.xml file (so we’d need to figure out partial imports), but at least it’s possible to refer to existing tags by ID, so no need to re-import them every time which would replace a hierarchy built inside CATMA.

All fine on this front, so far. I’ll now make your “CATMA export” post the task for the (basic) export job, add some discussion points, and yes, welcome to work that :slight_smile:

Off topic

Oh, ok. @pedro_dias now I’m not your nephew anymore? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Welcome to Edgeryders! I long awaited this moment :slight_smile: ( in silence )

@all: Big hug to everyone!

1 Like

You are :slight_smile:

I am your proud Uncle and friend hehehe

2 Likes