Person Specification: Ethnographer

just removed anything jargon-y altogether :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since it’s showing ok for John and me in all the places, it is probably browser cache issue on your side. In Chrome, try Shift + click on the reload button to also reload all the cache.

If that does not help, try in a different browser. If it’s fixed there, it will be the cache for sure. If it’s still not fixed, please observe if it also happen when logged out. So we have a way to identify the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok added a deadline

I’m thinking of positioning the training as a final round interview type situation— thoughts? That way we see what they are like in person and how they do with the coding. Editing spec, tell me what you think

@johncoate @noemi

1 Like

Oh that would be great!! but then some might need to pay for their travels.

Anyway, good work - if we get it out asap we could actually recruit by March 20th or something, and meet in Brussels in April. That leaves 3 weeks for recruitment, and more for last minute treasure finding :-))

1 Like

So they could get a free training out of it but might not get the job…some might go for it.

1 Like

Can we also add Blivande here? There is desk space available for Edgeryders, and I’ll be doing the outreach and events for NGI from here.

2 Likes

yes, done!

Ok! I’m ready to disseminate unless anyone has final edits or objections @johncoate @noemi @alberto

No objections, though I do wonder why you did not indicate a fee…

As in, what they’ll be paid? I didn’t include it because it’s variable depending on how many people we get and how much time they’ll allocate to the project. Suggestions about how to formulate/phrase the salary would be welcome… could do a possible range

Well, you did write 10-20% FTE. This should be adequate. Maye reformulate like this.

We are looking to hire two or more ethnographers to collaborate with us on this project. This would run for about two years on a part-time basis (10-20% of your time). We offer adequate fees, whose exact amount depends on specifics.

I turned it into an approximate hourly rate so that people are aware of what the pay is approximately (and that it’s a competitive/attractive rate). Thoughts?

Don’t recommend that at all. Lower risks for us when paying by deliverable than per hour.

1 Like

ok. makes sense.

Do feel/agree that some approximation would be helpful.

At some point we calculated the cost per post to an average of 2 USD, where we averaged two tags per tagged post on average - where tagging is faster later in the project. Could we estimate as a linear function of corpus size?

Same with community management. We will need 4 of them, in different languages. this week we need to put out the call. After we have our meeting with Nadia on Weds we should be able to get it pushed out. Noemi, I hope you can help me with this part…maybe not so much writing out the message, but in where and who to send it out to - I really do not know many people over there (Europe) who would be suitable candidates and by 3 weeks when I come to Brussels, we should already know who they will be. Even if we bring in some for training who are not going to get the job. And as we all know, as a job, it doesn’t pay much. There is 54,000 budgeted for the NGI CM work. That divides out to about 8 hrs/wk for someone, and not a a terribly high rate. The spec calls for 12, but there isn’t enough to pay that many people and they are not needed. So the way I look at it, 4 people doing the work, and maybe they change every year for 3 years, thus a potential of 12.

This worked well in the past:

1 Like

And I need to create a CM version along those same lines…

Also, it says ‘about two years’ - but isn’t it closer to 3? My assumption has been the project started in January this year and runs 3 yrs. So if we hire for May or sooner, then it would be more like 2.5 yrs, right?