POPREBEL Coding Thread (LEGACY)

I can do this 10/15/16. In my calendar. I think Wojtek is also available. But wiwe wait for Jirka?

I cannot, unfortunately, suggested a day earlier above

Ok, 9:30/14:30/15:30 Wed 22 July — does this work for all? I have another meeting at 16 UK.

1 Like

I am fine the whole week. Lea (my daughter) has a summer kindergarten, therefore, between 8:30 and 16:30 CET (15:30 GMT) would be ideal, since the kindergarten closes at 17:00. However, if needed, I can go to pick her up earlier, and have her at home (watching e.g. Harry Potter or Marry Poppins on tablet) during our the call.

Sorry for very late reply, but:

I believe these were all issues we had briefly while upgrading the Discourse software. At least for me, seeing highlighted annotations from previous coding works alright. Let me know if you still experience these issues, of course.

It works, but the user interface changed recently to make it more comfortable. Now, the dropdown is rather an auto-complete box. First you need to enter the start of a code name to merge with, then you’ll see matching codes in the dropdown. (I created an issue to make this more obvious. Please drop good ideas for how to make it obvious there, if and when they occur :slight_smile: ).

If you need technical assistance in urgent matters until end of August, do not hesitate to contact me repeatedly. I’m just completely overworked until end of August, so the only way for me to know what is really important is if I get told it twice :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @matthias. In the interests of making things easier to find (and since everyone is not fully comfortable using the github) I’m going to create a separate location on ER for OE issues/wishlist and ask everyone to a) note any technical difficulties they are having on that thread and b) mark those as resolved if they go away before you get to it. also c) list any ongoing requests they have. We have a similar thing going on BBU right now and it works well – helps things not get lost. Then those of us comfortable with adding to github can move things straight over from there.

https://edgeryders.eu/t/open-ethnographer-wishlist-and-issue-log/14088?u=amelia

2 Likes

That’s strange. Can you add it to the Issue Log?

https://edgeryders.eu/t/open-ethnographer-wishlist-and-issue-log/14088

Also, I’ve now configured everyone’s user profiles to set their default languages to Polish (@Wojt and @Jan) or Czech (@SZdenek and @Jirka_Kocian) and you should all now see each others’ codes as suggestions when you are coding, as you will now be offered POPREBEL codes as suggestions rather than just your own (you too, @Richard).

3 Likes

I can join you for the first 30 minutes, then I have another meeting.

Hi everyone! I’ve gone through your codebooks and made some comments. The codes look great as a first big push and I see many, many overlaps – we will be able to merge many of them.

Currently both Czech and Polish codebooks still need updated hierarchy/category tabs. This is important because it will help us have a productive conversation around merging and creating hierarchies – otherwise it’ll be very difficult to do comparison/merging work and backend hierarchy creation in the call.

You can use my hierarchies/categories tab for inspiration (if we have similar categories, it’ll be easier to compare) but feel free of course to create your own as you please and comment on mine if they need changing.

Please have these categories ready by the time we talk, ideally sooner (the deadline was the 11th, if you see above)! If this is not going to happen for you, say so now so we can push back the call. I’m committed to only talking as a group when we are ready to do some proper merging and hierarchy organisation work, otherwise we will do a subpar job.

@Jirka_Kocian @SZdenek @Wojt @Jan

1 Like

aha, missed out on that part, will do until Friday (the low hanging fruits package:)

OK, it’s Doodle time as ad hoc scheduling isn’t quite working :slight_smile:

Please fill out this Doodle and we’ll schedule a meeting for either the end of this week or next week based upon it: https://doodle.com/poll/axp35wnszi8zg6nn

We have a lot to talk about, so I’m blocking out 1.5 hours.

@Jirka_Kocian @SZdenek @Jan @Wojt @Richard please fill it out as soon as you can.

2 Likes

@SZdenek just waiting on you!

Dear All, let’s decide. Here is the Doodle result. I am flexible and for now will put 9:00 - 10:30, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in my calendar. You decide. Minor preference for Tuesday.

Tuesday 9-10:30 EST, 14-15:30 UK, 15 -16:30 CEST. Please set in stone in your calendars.

1 Like

DONE. Thanks @amelia :smiley:

Hi,

sorry, I am not working Mondays and Tuesdays for FSV UK / on the POPREBEL project. Therefore, Tuesday is not the best day for me, but I can manage next week, I am more flexible during the Summer.

However, the kindergarten closes at 17:00 our time, therefore I would have to leave the meeting 16:30 sharp.

Zdenek

Hi all, is Wednesday OK for everyone instead (see @SZdenek’s comment above)? @Jan @Wojt @Jirka_Kocian (@Richard I know you said Wednesday is a bit hectic…)

1 Like

Fine with me

See you next Wednesday at 14.00. :slight_smile:

Fine!