POPREBEL Ethnography Code Review Thread

Great work as always, @matthias.

• Issue 212 adds a filter-by-project to the list of annotations in a code’s page. Given the page of migration, you will immediately be able to hide all the annotations except those made onto topics tagged with the #ethno-poprebel Discourse tag.
  • Issue 213 provides a more compact visualization,
  • Issue 214 provides a functionality to “move” individual annotations from one code to another.
  • Issue 215 adds a way to edit annotations in bulk, including moving or destroying them in bulk.

As far I understand, solving these four issues should solve all difficulties reported in the meeting. :slight_smile:

Get well soon @amelia!

1 Like

Dear All, just to make sure - we do not have a meeting tomorrow, I am assuming. Am I right? If there is an interest in having a meeting, I am free. But my idea is to continue working on all the issues we discussed last Friday until we have achieved major progress. I know I owe you a summary/minutes. I apologize - constant disruptions. Will try to finish today.

Next week, I am going on vacation on Friday, August 13 and will be gone till August 22 (Sunday). I will be in Maine and will have access to the Internet, so if you have anything urgent, just holler.

Given all of this, I suggest we have a big meeting right after August 22, OK?

Ciao,

J

1 Like

And dear @matthias and @alberto: many thanks for your work on the problems. I will let you know what I/we think tomorrow after I test it with @Wojt. Best, J

Dear @alberto and @matthias: @Wojt and I discussed thoroughly your suggestions/improvements, imagined to the best of our ability how they would work, and in our view they are REALLY great. As far as we can see, they are exactly what we asked for. For an ongoing record of our thinking on this and other issues (such our new codebook under construction), please see here: Biweekly meeting (23 - Google Docs

2 Likes

Great to hear. We’ll then try to have that built until one week from now (CC @daniel, hope this squares with your time planning).

If, after the features are finished, you realize that it’s not the exact thing you wanted, no problem. These features fit into the framework of the software and are needed for feature completeness anyway, so we’d add them anyway at some point.

2 Likes

For @jan and @wojt: the features we discussed for reworking the annotation-code relationships are now available for your use. I just tested them, and they seem to be what I had proposed. Let us know in case it’s not what you need, of course.

To note, the annotated text in column “Quote” is now shown abbreviated in annotation tables, but you can quickly see the full text by mousing over such a table cell with a quote. And if you want to move just a single annotation to another code, you can either use the “Move selected to code:” bulk action in annotation lists or you can change the code in the page to edit a single annotation. Both options are equivalent.

Thanks to @daniel for getting these issues done in time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @rebelethno,
So when are we meeting this week?
I’ll be on vacation until Thursday, but happy to join the meeting if we’re meeting before then.

1 Like

Would be great to meet this week!

Let’s meet on Friday (27 August) at 9:00 am EST (15:00 on the continent, 14:00 in England). J

3 Likes

Great, do we have a link yet? Thanks! I ll join for first hour

I have my second dose appointment at 5pm but will join for the first hour of the meeting.

Does not work for me, sorry. Hopefully should be OK, since the extra features requested for OpenEthno have now been deployed.

Are we using this link still?

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89020808871?pwd=OUFZMSt6N0ZEUWI2a2RhNnZXcmNzZz09

Hi, everybody.
I and Jan were supposed to meet today to polish the codebook some more, but there were tragic flash floods in New york and New Jersey and they hit them.

Fortunately, everybody in Jan’s family is ok, but they lost their garden, their basement with heating and some other equipment.
It make take some time before he arranges and does some basic fixing and cleaning, so our work may be delayed.

2 Likes

Oh no! Hang in there, @Jan

Dear all @rebelethno. Are we meeting today? On the same link as previously?

I hope Jan is OK and the damages to the house and garden are not that severe.

I think we should postpone til next Friday.

5 Likes

Dear all, are we meeting tomorrow?

2 Likes

Dear All, Martha and I have things here more or less under control, so let’s meet tomorrow (Friday, 17 September) at 9:00 am EST (as always). I apologize for turning my attention elsewhere, but I suppose it is not every day (year? decade?) that one gets flooded. Looking forward to seeing you and resuming our work.

2 Likes