Team IT questions and updates

Hi @manuelpueyo,

Apologies, I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just that I have a need for getting things done, and when it goes unfulfilled I sometimes get cranky. It’s me, not you.

To solve the problem, would it be acceptable for you to go forward with my design (which I can more or less finish by tonight) until yours is ready? I agree that the short bios are very nice, but to collect them I reckon you will need some time. Would that work?

no worries @Lee , yes! we can try to upload your design , that should be feasible, please send me the file asap, cheers

this is always an important factor to me. we need to try to reduce boring tasks and maximize listening time and other more interesting tasks.

Thanks @manuelpueyo.

I can take care of the uploading, and also of the updating when new pictures come in.

If you would like to go for short bios, would you be willing to take the lead (or else as a Team mate) on this and make it happen?

sure! one question. we have a lot of info from reeflings. i can try to create a short bio for each of the people and then ask for permission, it could be faster than just asking them to write it.

one question, where do you see the short bios inserted? in the graphic you are making or directly as website content ?

6 posts were split to a new topic: ASBL photos and mini-bios for the website

@alberto: can you please help me to import the data from the registration form for the presentation to Nextcloud? I don’t know how to do that. Thanks!

Sure, send me the link via DM and I will look into it.

1 Like

@reef-it Not sure this is the right place, but I cannot access any of the links on NextCloud . Can someone help me out ? :slight_smile: I got a first invite on 22/09, I registered but just renewed my password. When I press on any of the internal links in Edgeryders, I get sent to the following page, with an error message that says the file cannot be found.
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 21.05.13

1 Like

I think the issue is that you were not a member of the group Reeflings.

All the Reef’s material is saved in subfolder of a folder called “The Reef’s shared folder”. That folder is shared with a group of users called Reeflings; on top of that, public document have a different link accessible to the public in read-only mode.

I have now added you to the groups Reeflings and Finance&Legals. Everything should work. Can you confirm?

Thanks, but now I get the following error message “the document security token is not correctly formed”. @Sarah had the same issue

hello @VickyVanEyck could you try again now? i have changed some security settings in Only office app.

for the record. settings onlyoffice :point_down:

• disable certificate verification [unchecked[

• run document macros [unchecked

Did you test before trying? This problem was fixed on Monday.

1 Like

@alberto: could we have 3 new groupings for the different stages of membership (full, associate, exploring)? This would make my life quite a bit easier. Oh, and one for the Coordination Group too?

If it’s possible to give me the rights to reshuffle people when the change their membership status I’d be happy to take care of it.

i did not know it was fixed, good to know! i bring those settings back to as they were

@reef-it, can you please help with creating Nextcloud accounts for the new Reeflings? This is kind of urgent, because they need access to be able to fill in a couple of documents.

I created a list in our Team Recruitment folder (internal link). Can you please create an account for all the emails highlighted in column E with a “Y”?

I am about to send out the follow-up email and I ask the people whose email is missing to send it to us ASAP.

Thanks a lot!

Ok, I’ll do this quickly

1 Like

Not sure where to put this, so I’ll try here…
Would it be possible and desirable to have personnal folders on next cloud???
Just to keep resources we might come across, order our thoughts, etc… and have it available on different devices… Is it ok to just create that in nextcloud if I need it, and how to keep it available only for me?
Thanks!

That’s definitely possible :slight_smile: As long as you don’t put the files you create under the folder “The Reef Shared Folder”, these files will be visible only to you.

1 Like

@Sarah, just for clarity: there is no need to create a folder. The “Documents” folder that you see on your “Files” homepage is accessible to you alone. Only folders with a white horizontal “V” are shared folders.

1 Like