Today’s call was focused on the LOTE3: unMonastery track, Guardian article and possible uses for the unMonastery building pre-February.
Present were: Dorotea Mar, Fabio Malagnino, Alberto Cottica, Noemi Salantiu, David Ridge, Paolo Polverosi, and myself.
Going forward unMonastery community calls will be 11AM CET Mondays every week - LOTE3 community calls will be on Fridays, all at http://goo.gl/Q8qBP5. Points covered in the call were as follows.
LOTE & TRACK:
- The Cookbook: What should unMonastery contribute to the cookbook?
There are a number of sessions that are already forming that could provide strong content for the cookbook. As it currently stands Nadia and Dorotea are taking the lead on this.
Internet friends who I have known for a long time have recently expressed an interest in doing some design work for projects I’ve been working on, I’ve yet to follow up but I’d like to suggest to them that they help by designing the layout for the EdgeRyders Cookbook. I’ve got a rough idea on how this might work but will update when there’s time.
Link to their work: http://pwr-stud.io/
Actionable: Dorotea or Nadia to form a group and share thoughts on what has been discussed so far.
Actionable: Establish a workflow so others can pitch in.
Actionable: Ben to speak with designers.
- We're waiting on a update from Bembo on hosting committee and its relationship to the track/session
- Program Dates update: Track 1 + Track 2 will happen from Thursday to Friday (Oct 31-Nov 1st) Track 3 the unConference happens over the weekend (Nov 2-3)
Actionable: Ben to share with Noemi drafts of posts for sessions and call for facilitation. So that we can get them online!
- Need a update on what Francesco needs to take the Co-design process forward.
- Badges, mentioned in last weeks LOTE post, details here: https://twitter.com/benvickers_/status/381383826821234688
Actionable: Look over Tessy’s designs and consider how they might be used during LOTE.
Actionable: Ben to print hundreds and use safety pins to turn them into badges (low cost route)
- Ola has said he will design things in addition but he needs a tight brief, with photo sketch of what is desired. If you haven't met Ola before, he is brilliant and is responsible for designing the logo among many other elements.
Travel: Just to reiterate, many of us are starting to book for Matera, Lote is 1 month away!
Whenever Edgeryders find good travel deals, they should be encouraged to share with
others to encourage people not to drop off at the last minute and we can bank on them being there – it also allows us to share travel tips.
- Work starts today!!! Hoping to receive confirmation of this from Rita today.
- What happens to the unMonastery between November and February
An important point to consider, is that with the building being completed in time for LOTE or there abouts, we find ourselves with a building that would benefit enormously from being used in the lead up – it’s also important that we maintain some form of presence in the building prior to the launch.
I’m personally considering spending Christmas in Matera, if others were interested in joining me, this though would need to be entirely self funded or fundraised for.
Actionable: Write a post for a session focused on dreaming up what could be happening during this time and the logistics this might involve.
- Still need to boast numbers encourage people you know to apply. If you know someone who's thinking about it, chase them to apply.
- Thesis Call still not been sent out to enough people, Primarily Dave Ridge and myself are going to pick this up.
Actionable: Dave to take the lead on making this happen.
Actionable: Others to share their connections, contacts and ideal looking courses to court the attention of.
- Guardian Article, missed the deadline. This wasn't under control but thanks to the fast work of Alberto this has been fixed.
- Twitter Press Conference Summary:
- Twitter Press Conference Storify: http://storify.com/ilaria2019/theunmonastery
- Website needs updating / and more italian translations. Fabio to pick up on this, but also, I am willing to share the password with comms team, if people want to collectively edit the site.
- Website, I want to redesign the site but in the short term there are things missing, many eyes are better than one set of eyes for feedback and thoughts.
Actionable: Write short post about redesigning the website, everyone to feed in on way it can be improved.
- Dave Ridge is going to organise a monthly meet up in London, which is great news!
Hopefully this covers everything. Lots of things need doing, dive in? And please highlight anything I may have missed - we covered a lot.