TechBlick 26 - Seb 2 [EN]

What kind of automotive industry do to promote the circular economy, in your opinion?

Built buses have not more in daily traffic. You see one person in the car. The car is five meters long and two tons heavy, and it could have at least four people in it. So automated driving with at least two people in it, for example. But this is, I think, a matter of regulation and politics. Yeah.

Uh, do you currently own a car or did you own a car?

Yes, we have a old car.

And which kind is it? Uh, petrol or electric or hybrid?

It’s a petrol car.

Petrol car? Uh, what personal or professional experience have you had in the electronics, with electronics, in cars you have used?

I’m happy that my car doesn’t have much electronics, but the few electronics inside are constantly making trouble, so we are switching them on and off all the time. But the mechanics works and that’s why the car is still driving.

Have you…

For daily commuting I use the bike. Okay.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example, GPS?

No, Google already has this. This is just German anxiety.

And, uh, what is with electronics in general?

I’m building electronics. We are selling this, so I think it’s necessary. It will be needed a lot more because you can do automation and save for example, climate control costs etcetera. But one needs to think about where to use it and how they are built.

And other general concerns about privacy in thinking about circular economy practice.

No, if I recycle my garbage at home, like like, let’s say my mobile phone, you just delete All the data and you bring it back for recycling.

That’s recycling and reusing mean different things to you.

Yes, reusing is basically selling it privately to some other person who can make use of it, and recycling is destroying it and getting the raw materials. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned, and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Four.