TechBlick 29 - Shima [EN]

Do you think they do it already?

I can see mixed feelings, like in my own environment. I mean, some people very much care personally. Some people just want the car. They don’t care. So. But yeah, but I think that that’s ultimately the goal to drive any change really. So it has to be the mass adoption pushing.

Do you own a car or did you own a car?

No, I don’t. I actually don’t drive.

No car sharing.

No, no. Well I take a lot of Uber, so. So yeah, I do like that they have sustainable options. So although of course public transit is better. But now with the ride sharing and Uber being around I do like that option and I see it also there. So they offer sustainable rides as well. Yeah.

What personal or professional experience have you had with electronics in cars You did in former times use. means GPS, for example, and things like that.

Right Not much. I mean, professionally, that’s not my expertise. Personally. Yeah, of course, and such. But as I said, I don’t drive, so I don’t have much experience.

Do you have any concerns about privacy and personal data stored in electronics in general?

No, I personally don’t. I don’t mind my data being stored and used because I think that’s what’s needed to make the next generation of products, and I think it actually helps if people would share their data. So I’m not too concerned about that.

Also not concerned about electronics in circular economy. reusing for example.

Yeah. No. I think it’s important to use the data.

That’s recycling and reusing mean the different things to you.

Yes, reusing means to use essentially I would use something myself. Let’s say I buy something and I would reuse it myself for a different purpose. Recycling would mean I would bring it to a recycling station where it will then be repurposed to something else. So reusing is always better than recycling.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned, and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Um, I’m certainly concerned. I would say probably a three. I’m concerned, but I can see that there’s a lot on the way to fix what we have to do. So maybe neutral.

Yeah. What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

I mean, just on a personal level. I do what I can at home and just recycling. You know, I pay attention to what I buy, the products I buy, I choose the the ones you know, the companies where I can see there’s more effort in it. Of course, things like public transport or sustainable rights. Yeah. What I can and I try to of course promote that as well to, to my environment.

Yeah. What do you think. Last question. How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

A lot. As I said, yeah, I think it’s the mass adoption that would really drive the change. So I think everybody should do what they can and as little as possible. So anything is better than nothing. So just start somewhere.