The Bible of Christian Artifacts

“The Bible of Christian Artifacts” is one such project that promised to “buy up a bunch of extraordinarily rare and expensive artifacts described in the Bible” as well as “everyday Christian icons and relics.” Christians and treasure hunters alike have flocked to the Kickstarter page, which has migrated to their new website (http://www.christianartifacts.com), to keep up with the online traffic.

No religious venture for profit is free of it”s fair share of doubters. The creators of “The Bible of Christian Artifacts” have meticulously documented the buying and creation processes months in advance. They shared news and updates within the crowdsourcing blog as well as an archived Tumblr page. The Christian Artifacts website has uploaded pictures of the Certificates of Authenticity for every artifact and screen captures of every items’ online “order confirmation” pages. Lastly, researchers recorded the process of examining and dissecting the artifacts in HD video and under 40x magnification. Descriptions, COA’s, proofs of purchase, and videos of every artifact are available online, and will be included with the completed package.

The items used in “The Bible of Christian Artifacts” include:

Nail from the true Cross of Christ

Frankincence – 1oz (Birth of Christ)

Gopherwood

Square of carpet from the Pope John Paul II NYC Mass

St. Bertio Relic (1)

St. Gertrude Relic (1)

Real Crown of Thorns from Jerusalem

Myrrh – 1oz (Birth of Christ)

24K Gold in water suspenion (Birth of Christ)

10 blessed candles

St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus Relics (10)

Holy anointing oil from Bethlehem, Israel

Holy water from the River Jordan

Soil from Jerusalem

Fig leaf (Adam and Eve)

St. Pius Relic (1)

Palm Sunday dried palms

Sea shells from the Red Sea (Exodus/Moses and the Isrealites crossing the Red Sea)

100% Silver bar – 10 ingots (“7 pieces of silver”)

Real Egyptian papyrus (Dead Sea scrolls)

Resurrection plant

Salt from the Dead Sea (Sodom/Gomorrah, pillar of salt)

Blessed Mezuzzah scrolls in glass

Holy Eucharist – unleavened bread

Sacramental wine, red

Chinese “Hell” note

Bulrushes (Moses)

Holy Mass Crucifix & Apostolate

Olive wood cross from Jerusalem

And many more…

The website describes “The Bible of Christian Artifacts, is positioned in a glorious black frame, on a glass plate, with a ornate damask background.” the BoCA will be wrapped in a golden cloth, and will also come with a card describing each artifact sample in detail, with accompanying Bible verse, a large Magnifying glass, the “Bible of Christian Artifacts” Certificate of Authenticity, High quality scans of all Certificates of Authenticity that came with the originals, and a voucher for a free Israel/USA flag pin. It is not known how many collections are available for sale, but the webiste admits that supplies are limited.

For more information on how to purchase this item, follow the link below:

http://www.christianartifacts.com/p/how-to-buy.html

started the ER-quote wiki, any use for the twitterstorm?

I have started collecting quotes from around the platform, some kind of “untweeted tweets” or “tweets to imaginary friend”. Some of the quotes are longer than a tweet format, but some fit. Do you think it’s a good idea to make google link for each for tracking?

You mean goo.gl links?

Sure go for it, wouldn’t hurt, the only thing is I’m looking at the wiki and lots of the quotes in there are about the Edgeryders organisation, which in itself may not be so relevant for a Lote twit conference. Of course anyone can tweet them if they want to. I’m preparing the core set of tweets to be tweeted from the @edgeryders handle, if you want to help fill in with more or translate some into Russian, I’ll gladly appreciate it :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ll translate some. Should add some tags as well? I mean it it is just tagged lote3 there is very little chance poeple who don’t know this tag will ever actively look for it and find it. I think it makes sense adding some tags people actually do search or permanently follow, popular ones, but ones which in some sense relate to edgeryders and lote. I sometimes use this to get ideas about related tags.  I don’t know how accurate this tool is, but it gives me ideas. Anyway… If you don’t mind I’ll add some tags in the doc.

Go for it

Sure K, you’re totally right. The thing is many tweets already have 140 characters, but the good news is that you’ll be able to tweet your own stuff with more tags in it. Not everyone has to tweet the same thing, on the contrary, the more diverse the better, no? the doc is mainly to have most of it prepared for the @edgeryders and @matera2019 handle, who will be tweeting more systematically…

ok, I’ll tag whatever I tweet.