We talked, now we build : After Spot the Future and #LOTE4 Edgeryders is hiring from Armenia, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Morocco and Ukraine

Morocco Engagement Manager

Hi everyone,

It was great to be introduced to the project this morning via the Skype conference, I feel that I have learnt a lot already and there is a lot more to come.

In terms of my background and experiences, I have a Masters in Civil Engineering but have been interested in gaining experience with people internationally so since graduating have spent travelling, working with NGOs in different countries, and have now been living in Marrakech teaching English for almost a year.

For 4 years I worked in England with an organisation called Engineers Without Borders UK: they are a student-led, youth organisation focusing on international partnerships to change engineering education for sustainable outcomes. I live by their motto of ‘Massive Small Change’.

In response to the 2 questions posed:

1. I already have connections with many community organisations in Morocco who are working to ensure sustainable growth. I will work on finding the best examples to share their work within the peer group.

2. In terms of bringing people to this online space, many of the organisations I know well here already focus on international collaboration and are keen to expand their reach online. By showing by example how effective this platform can be, then using other methods of social media to make a cohesive approach I would encourage the stakeholders to understand their own advantages of using this space.

I look forward to working with you all, and hope to hit the ground running in Morocco.

Cara

1 Like

Welcome Cara!

Welcome @CaraAoibh!

Good to have you on board! Take your time to explore the platform and post 3 case studies for Morocco here by editing the wiki.

Good luck and do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance,

Cheers 

2 Likes

Building on your work

Thank you for the welcome!

And thank you for your great work so far, I’m sure I am starting off from a good place from your work.

I will probably send some questions your way soon enough.

Cara

1 Like

@CaraAoibh

Welcome to the team. Do get in touch if you need any questions answered or so, we just wrapped up the Cairo visit! Good luck & Courage!

Interpreting Community Management Role

Mainly, I set a strategy for Helm’s social media and events that would take place in the cowork space.

For QafeerLabs, it was howto conduct community partnerships with other stakeholders like October cyclers.

And for Faselty, we’re connecting the stakeholders with each other to build a community of voluntary blood donors who would donate periodically, we almost have 3 cowork spaces, 4 student activities and 5 blood donation initiatives as our community partners.

PS: I came through the Wiki page and found that there’s something that’s exactly me by the definition of my friends which is “Connecting People” that’s what I do actually. And yes, the work as that I did is like what you’re doing in Edgeryders…

When you come back to Egypt, I’d like to take you in a  trip for all the cowork spaces I know…

Welcome Nadia is a nice thing When we build an open village in Jordan I will create a team of volunteers for the purposes of the work that is compatible with the United Nations program

مرحبا نادية شيء جميل عندما نقوم بأنشاء القرية المفتوحة في

الاردن سوف اعمل على انشاء فريق من المتطوعين لغايات الاعمال المتوافقة مع برنامج الامم المتحدة …