What about learning italian in a fun way?

Hi everybody,

I’m Mariateresa from Matera. I’m a member of Casa Netural and I’m working to develop an innovative project that could interest you!         I’m a language lover, I love group games, clowning around and having fun!

So I’ve linked these aspects to create an italian language course based on “learn-by-doing” education! Imagine you, playing in italian with people you don’t know, going through the city asking directions or shopping at the market asking for food! 

My role would be to guide the learning process and have fun with my students!  

Could the unmonasteriens be interested? Do you think it could be a good start for the unmonasteriens that don’t speak italian to have their first contact with the culture and the local community? 

Like this :slight_smile:

… but then it is easy for me – I speak Italian already!

On a more serious note, our unMonasterian’s Guide to Matera states the following:

Be aware that most people are not comfortable speaking English: teaching yourself a few words of Italian is going to be a very good investment for your time in the city.

So, at face value this seems a good idea. We should discuss it at lote, maybe with a view to embedding it into the “standard” unMonasterian’s journey. What do people think?

1 Like

italiano for unMoers

Alberto:

This is perhaps my department.  I once devised a set of Norsk for foreigners classes based upon an actor’s work with text.

Not that my Norwegian ever became flawless, but the youngsters I worked with certainly got further than most…

Llanguage practiceshould surely be part of the unMo daily pre-breakfast warm-up:  tai chi and auxillary verbs on the unVeranda, preposition tag in the collective unhot tub etc.

I have a sample text model of 13 linguistic pillars that provide valuable framework to build from: but need still to tweak its content to reflect the unMo mission. I am now trying to get a a week ten days in Matera to do project development with Andrea + Nadia and Sabrina.  I’ll put them on it.

I also think you can restate your comment directly at the non-bilingual population (read UKers) - strange but wonderful intricate terminlogy is creeping in at the edgeryder seams that alarms even me.  We native Englishers really need to curb our verbosity - and learn to couch our comments in absorbable units.  I 'm a major criminal in this area - and don’t really acknowledge it.  Short simple ideas -  of building block proportion.

If you have a good on-line training program it would be a good start.  I tried to access a Dr. Sombody’s miracle system, but it collapsed.  I did look at the EU Babble;  It can get people to buenosera comme stai, but sadly doesn’t seem to have got beyond the phrase book linguistics of the 50’s - using the KGB language labs system as its basis would get people further faster.

ciao, Bembo

1 Like

Duolingo

As for an online learning system for learning Italian, give Duolingo a try.

1 Like

italiano for unMoers

Yes Mariatheresa: we have work to do together

Bembo di Bergen

1 Like

italiano for unMoers

Bembo: I like the idea of “pre-breakfast warm-up”! Let’s meet when you are in Matera so we can share ideas