Why the Open Village?
Our dream project, in spot the future, is becoming reality \0/
I am overwhelmed by memories now. The youth created a co-working space, learned to live together despite of their differences, and worked put their hands with the community residents to revive their village (...) :slightsmile:_
What I am looking for?
- Joining like-minded people who dare to experiment doing things in different ways and inspire others to create waves of change.
- Exploring and practicing new tools, to disseminate my learning later and inspire my network. Would it be possible to go completely out of the monetary system, for example? How?
- Partnering with other entrepreneurs to materialize a common idea.
The first thing I would like to do is to plant a vegetable garden, with others. I want to learn to plant, because we are not free if we can't produce our food. (urban gardening / hydroponic / permaculture)
Reducing, reusing, recycling, upcycling, composting etc. Zero - Waste and Ziad Abi Chaker of Cedar environment is the man is this field. I am very impressed by his work. And is his business is appealing to me.
Try tools from the sharing economy, tribal economy, solidarity economy, and local economic development (...) For example, we might have only one informal bank for the poor, in Egypt Brazil has types, shapes and colors of banks for the people.
For me the Open Village is
- Networks of spaces for people to stay, learn, experiment and innovate with like-minded curious individuals.
- Homes for people who want to learn to live in a community and take responsibilities for some tasks to maintain the place livable and sustainable.
- Innovation hubs to create and experiment new ways of living and working.
- Incubators for businesses responsible for Earth's natural systems while building economic growth.
- Community centers that attract and connect with the wider link-minded, curious, creative, committed and compassionate individuals.
- Ecosystem of resources, knowledge, talents, markets, and investment capable of turning innovation into real project.
Where I see myself in the Open Village?
A linker or pollinator moving between houses, bringing resources and letting others know of interesting happenings across the community. I would participate in the organization of events that bring together social entrepreneurs from the region and the world, and user innovators - ordinary people who are doing extraordinary things, like that priest of Nova Cintra Church who reused all the waste produced by the church's restaurant including washing and rain water, or this group of illiterate daily workers who planted an urban garden in front of their buildings and and gifting organic vegetables with their neighbors - to inspire new people to start trying different ways for doing things. I would also participate in guiding new entrepreneurs till they start their businesses.
I can spend a couple of months in summer in Morocco and weeks during the years.