Field Methods Paper — Reviewer Comments

We should also resolve all the “low hanging fruit” on the reviewer comments (formatting issues, brief clarifications, etc). I’m going to assign those tasks as well, using bold in the side. Feel free to reallocate-- I did more to @alberto than @markomanka because I was unsure whose jurisdiction certain points fell under, and haven’t allocated @melancon any yet.

I’ve made the post into a wiki— does that mean anyone can edit? If so, it would be helpful to do a strikethrough of the task once it has been completed.

Hello and thanks, @amelia.

• 2 articles coming up. I guess we should start by Jiang et. al.?
  • Yes, people can edit wikis.

If doable, it’d be ideal to do that “everyone” article + 2 of your own, since the first one is short. But everyone should do what they can – if that Jiang et al + one of your own articles ends up being what’s doable in the week, that’s fine.

Now for the fun part— timing. Do you have any availability on Friday 21st, @alberto and @markomanka?

First of all, @amelia, many thanks for leading the effort. I really appreciate it.

I am available all day on the 21st. Are you still in Singapore? Depending on this we can set the time.

Also: let’s make this a public reading group online. No obligation for anybody else to do any reading, but if people are interested in what we do (like @tah, for example), they can ask for an invitation to the online meetings. What do you think?

We will run our meetings over zoom.us, we have subscribed to this service and it works great.

1 Like

I am, yes, so anytime before 17:00 Brussels time would be best. Open sounds great — the more the merrier.

I haven’t been able to find an open access copy of the paper – I only was able to find slides. If anyone can share a pdf …

Sent via email :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the proposal @alberto, I’ll try to read some of the papers to have an better understanding :slight_smile:
@melancon I’ve found this link for the first one : http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/viewFile/4484/1737

9 posts were split to a new topic: Field methods paper: lit review and comments

Last call to co-authors! The deadline for resubmission is now less than one month away. We still need:

• completion of all the tasks as allocated above.
  • re-reading and final editing of both the new version of the paper and the letter to reviewers.

@melancon and @markomanka, neither of you attended our latest call, and I have not seen written communication. What do you want to do? If you have no capacity, please say so now, so @amelia and I are not caught unprepared. Thanks!

1 Like

Just saw your (email) message. I was not aware of the Wed call.

I had proposed a response to the reviewers (R1 and R2) asking for an improved coverage of related work on social semantic network analysis. I believe this has been revised by @alberto and was included in the revised version of the paper.

I did not read (did not find) papers from Gravlee as suggested by R3 to comment on how to include structural metrics. This would have been covered if only our study on how structure behaves when “simplifying” the graph structure would have led us to something crunchy …

Really? I thought that you, @melancon, had added section 2 directly on the Overleaf. Is that a false memory?

First pass of final cutting done for me. I also made one change to the reviewers letter. Making progress!

Seems we’re there now!

Ok, done another pass, trying to make the language flow better. @amelia, are you sure about:

retaining sensitivity to informants’ meaning in context while also introducing systematic means of visualizing (and measuring) these socioculturally specific meanings

Other than that, I think we are ready.

Good find, I don’t love it. Will fix.

We are submitted!

Good work @alberto , @melancon and @markomanka ! It has been a pleasure writing with you all.

…now we wait. :smiley:

2 Likes

Update: we will hear back about the paper in the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Field methods paper: second review