2020 Videos

Looks like fun. If no one else volunteers, I’ll take a crack on it tonight. DO we have all the voiceovers? Including @yudhanjaya’s?

Not yet, but the deadline is tomorrow.
I had asked Giovanni to wrap it up, so if you prepare everything and we need only to add @yudhanjaya’s it will be ready really quick :slight_smile:

Second take. But it does not make too much sense to try and close this without knowing exactly what Yudha says.

There is a problem of balancing the volumes of the different audio tracks. Refer to the original files in Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1lABIVrEB-Jo5SyA2JUlyFoFnjNcrSmJ4

Ok, sorry then, but it is not clear to me at this point what I should do. I was waiting for the Yudha material in order to cut everything into a new teaser, but I see that it is already there. I spoke with @IvanC last week and he told me that the deadline was tomorrow.
@IvanC @nadia What can I do to help at this point?

p.s.
(If needed I have footage, music, and other backgrounds licensed material I’ve seleced ready to be used)

1 Like

Hi, @estragon, I have just sent you an email. Your part is to launch an extensive promotional campaign. Two directions principally - pop (social media) and specialized press.
I think @nadia could use some of the material you have selected.

We were writing to each other simultaneously :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you please upload the materials you have selected here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1lABIVrEB-Jo5SyA2JUlyFoFnjNcrSmJ4

Still working on the trailer to embed in the post.
In the meantime @nadia’s idea is to use three small videos (@joriam, @yudhanjaya, @alberto) too in this way:

• Each person shares each video (vimeo) in their own communication channels with invitation to the event (“Join me at” and link to the registration)
  • We also share them via the official ER channels etc and @estragon 's campaign on social media.
1 Like

I’m totally onboard with this!

I’ve been already sharing the text invitation in a couple of writer’s discord channels I participate in (and people get really excited!) and I’m planning on making an announcement in my youtube channel — which is not big, but it’s about worldbuilding, so the audience is spot on.

I’ve also shared inside the enspiralverse, but most replies I got there are variations of “omg, this is the most Joriam thing I’ve ever seen”:joy:

1 Like

Hello @alberto, @nadia, @joriam, @hugi, @yudhanjaya, @estragon, this is the video we will be using as a teaser for the webinar. Last thoughts before it goes public?

good to go afaic - thank you @estragon

1 Like

You probably need to include our names and descriptions. Otherwise you hear people pontificating, and you are like “Huh?”. It makes a difference knowing we are authors (Nebula-nominated, even) and economists.

I like Yudha’s static picture. We could probably do the same with the other 2. Pictures are also the right place to write names/descriptions.

Small thing: are you sure about Joriam’s last sentence as the end titles run? “Brought to you by”) It looks like an error… cc @estragon

Could you give me access? Drive request sent.

@alberto alberto Adding names is indeed needed.
About the rest, let me ping @IvanC. He knows more than me. I’m just the hand.

i’ll send you a working link

The final version

also @alberto, @nadia, @hugi, @joriam

The bit selected from my script feels a little like crashing the party with sudden dystopia. Can I recommend replacing the current audio with the more hopeful end snippet?

"This is the power of speculative fiction. Not to predict, as is often claimed, but as a testbed for ideas. As a way of taking concepts and giving them life, watching them play, and understanding; until some distant future comes along that some of these ideas become plausible realities.

As a writer, as a creative, and as a person who spends most of his life at the intersection of technology and politics, I want to use this power. As the vast, complex social systems we have set in place today start to look increasingly fragile, exploitative, anti-human, I want to help imagine different ways of doing things; ways of organizing ourselves, and our societies; to test ideas found in books and the scribblings of economists and philosophers and see how they might work out. A simulation, if you will; a shared world of narrative that we can all explore in."

3 Likes

I liked the bit about the writers! :slight_smile:
But ok, @estragon , could you please change it like this?

1 Like

So do I! It just felt a bit dystopian there.

1 Like

Hello guys,

This is the final final version of the teaser and this is the embed code: <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/481641392" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe> if you prefer it.

I would ask you to share this too through your personal channels together with this link for the registration and alberto’s post.

Me and @estragon will take care of the ER side of the outreach.

Thank you!
@alberto, @nadia, @joriam, @michi1, @marcolok, @hugi

1 Like