4WD Event Oss 2022 transcripts - 21TRJ

In normal garage. Just one man in a small garage, so close contact to him. And I know him very well, so I trust him. If he says we have to do something at the car of now. So I could call him always when I think something’s will arise. Now.

Tell me about about the last time one of the electronic devices in your car or in a car you did use malfunctioned.

Well, I have a Jeep Cherokee and I went to Scotland whit it. And then I got a lot of problems with the valve. I later with the issue the computer, so the whole car dies at a holiday. So we have to shift back with the truck to two weeks later that. So yeah, the whole car just died at that. It’s like. So yeah, that was the last finger electronic like whatever died on my car. Yeah.

And what did your experience?

I was with him. So on the journey, unfortunately.

Have you ever heard the term circular economy in dutch circulare economie?

I think about recycling or not. I said Yeah. I mean, I do like the new stuff with electric cars, but I do own a big diesel. So I think I like the environment, but I also like my car. So for me I think it’s good that they recycle stuff, but I can really say that I’m fairly economic for this environment now.

What do you think about it?

The same as him. I mean, I want to support the environment, but the old cars are my favorite. Yeah.

If you had the option to replace a malfunctioning electronic component in a car with a new component or a used one, what would you prefer and why?

I think about the price. I think I used one. And if it’s good, I will take. a used one. Yeah, it depends more on the price I. Think then is use a new. Yeah.

Could you tell something about pros and cons for new and for used parts?

I think it depends on what it is. But like I got the issue, computer broke down and I would put a new one in because it’s so important for the car. So then I choose for a new one. But for the most of it, it’s broken like the heating or something. And that’s a used one. Why not? Yeah, I think that’s okay.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example, in Jeeps or when thinking about reuse of car electronics?

I’m not really concerned about it. I think if they want to know where I am and what I’m doing, they already know from my phone. So no, I’m not concerned about it. If they want to do it, yeah, that might be my guess. I’m not really worried that they know where I’m at. Yeah, I put it on Facebook, so. Yeah, it should be a secret. Yeah.

Are you concerned?

Not really, No. No.

does recycling and reusing. Mean different things to you?

I think so. I think recycling. You can also use something for another purpose and reusing it using for the same purpose. I think if you can use something for another purpose, then recycling can be very useful. Yeah.

And for you